By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 will never catch the 360 and heres why!

PS3 will never catch the 360 and heres why!

Yes, you're right as always 29 9.21%

No, you're wrong! 184 58.41%

who cares?microsoft has b... 39 12.38%

I like ur picture 15 4.76%

See results 48 15.24%

Total:315
FattyDingDong said:

Sorry brother, but Americans buy way more than Europeans do. this fall the 360 will sell like crazy in america...

u will notice that the ps3 has beaten the 360 in worldwide sales every week :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
Badassbab said:

The Japanese were very harsh on the 360, it didn't deserve to perform so poorly over there especially in the first 2-3 years of this gen when the 360 was easily the better console. If they hadn't been so xenophobic about consoles from another country and actually try Western games (like we always play theirs though less and less so) then 360 would've been miles ahead still.

But I can't believe Americans still prefer the 360 when the PS3 is easily the better choice now and has been for at least the last 2 years imo.

Yes it did, it's failrate was riddicules people still can't deceide what the launch failrate was but most numbers sugget over 50% in the first year, couple that with the fact that all their timed exclusives didn't come to japan for awhile and their support their overall was just god awful

Gears will definetly push 360 sales, not Halo push but a nice push. After gears slows down, what then? I mean you can't relay on one franchise to carry you through the entire fall ( to my knowledge, no other AAA games are coming out for the 360, correct me if wrong). Then again, knowing 360 fanboys, they will buy this game twice and once for their dogs. I don't know to be honest, let's see what happens.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

not in the US...but Worldwide!

ya i don't think PS3 life time sells in US will ever catch up Xbox360 there, but i believe it will surpass Xbox360 in worldwide total within the next 2 years, US total & worldwide total, which will be more important?

Around the Network

PS360 Gap is now 3.5 million and closing, All consoles are doing a great job considering spring is usually the slow season. PS3 above 3DS in EMEAA two weeks in a row now O.O

Nope not possible PS3 is way to big in EMEAA and is killing every other home console in Japan. I doubt that will change for the year if not then the gen.

GEARS is the U.S, but thats it. 

GEARS will sale shit loads in the U.S. but i don't expect sales to increase based on GEARS2 not increasing hardware by much or at all, but im sure COD will.

long live the GEAR heads!

have you seen the current ps3 vs 360  situation this week.  ps3 is up 30k in emeaa alone.  thats more than enough to offset the 360 vs ps3 difference in the us.  everyone knows the situation in japan too.  things wont change much til the holidays.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Gears isn't big enough LOL it's like saying halo isn't big enough