By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whatever happened to suikoden?

4 was a nightmare, pretty much destroyed the series

Around the Network

Suikoden was my favorite JRPG series back in the day, with S2 and S3 being two of the best games I've ever played. I would LOVE to see the series brought back somehow. There was so much depth and potential in the overriding storyline.

I'll look into this.

Nem said:
Icyedge said:
4 was shit, dut damn, 5 was an awesome game. 6 cant come soon enough. Hope the one on Vita will be good.

There is none in the vita? I dislike this alot from Vita fans, where they start making up games for the Vita that arent real. There was one for the PSP that doesnt seem to be beeing brought over.

It was developed by lvl 5 aswell and it was also a spin-off and not main series.

It didnt sell very well though. Around 150k units i think.

I meant PSP. Im not a Vita fan, I dont even own one. I dont think it was develop by level-5 though. I may be wrong but I think its one of konami internal team. In any case, Level-5 did great things when they worked on existing series like dragon quest so I wouldnt see that as a problem but I would much prefer a console suikoden 6 over a portable spin off, that being said, tierkris wasnt a bad game by any means.

RolStoppable said:

I can't say I ever was a big fan of it. Sure, it felt fresh at first, but after a while it gets boring to fill in the same numbers into grids with little, if any, variation. Besides, there are many Japanese puzzle types that came out later and are much more fascinating, also over a longer period of time. Sudoku can burn in hell for all I care.

It was worth having this thread necroed just to read this post.

XD

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.