By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - And yet another rumor about 'Wii 2'..from IGN.

scottie said:

"In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)."

So it's coming out, what, 6 years after the 360, is only slightly more powerful than it, but it is the same size? Fucking lol.

Which part of that said it's only slightly more powerful? =I

Around the Network
scottie said:

So it's coming out, what, 6 years after the 360, is only slightly more powerful than it, but it is the same size? Fucking lol.

If the console specs are 50% to 75% more powerful than a PS3 (acording to tech GAF) How it's going to be "slighty" more powerful than a Xbox360 if the PS3 is more powerful than the Xbox360

alfredofroylan said:
scottie said:

If the console specs are 50% to 75% more powerful than a PS3 (acording to tech GAF) How it's going to be "slighty" more powerful than a Xbox360 if the PS3 is more powerful than the Xbox360

Two 360s Duct Taped Together Confirmed!!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:

So, will we have a 6RL?

Heavenly_King said:
alfredofroylan said:

Acording to some tech people in GAF this specs are 50% more powerful than the PS3 or even 75%, so it's a quite nice jump.

yeah, but most multiplat games will be almost the same on the 3 consoles.  Also, when the PS4 and the 720 arrives they will be 300% more powerful or more than their previous editions.

First generation games on any console always look a bit crappy for the console full potential, so when Wii2 games begin to take some steam, the PS4 and 720 games will crush them in performance at least. (and in the case of the PS4 considering the first party of SONY, it will crush the Wii2 in all aspects).

Source?

Honestly, did you read the rumors? According to these, Project Cafe is going to have a similar X360 architecture, whose is similar at the same time to a PC.

Even with less power, Wii2 could get ports of PS4,720 and PC. I really doubt next MS and Sony consoles will change from the PC esque estructure.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Dand said:
gumby_trucker said:

So, will we have a 6RL?

huh?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

People are arguing on this:

PS360 will get crushed graphics wise by the Wii 2 in 2012... Fanboys rejoyce. Graphics wars will be on Nintendo's hand.

By 2014, Wii 2 will be obsolete because PS4, X720 will be way more powerfull of course. "The true next gen begins"

By 2017 such consoles will be outdated again by the Wii 3. Nintendo's back on top....

With all this dick measuring, everyone is ignoring the fact that Nintendo is aiming once again at a new experience, a disruptive marketing strategy that will put graphics on the back seat once again. We just have to wait to see what the controller is and what can it do this time around.

My only fear is that Sony and Microsoft could gently borrow Nintendo ideas once again, and implement on the 360 and PS3 whatever new fangled tech Nintendo brings to the table. Damage control till they can afford to release Ps4 and X720, being a Wii 2 with far better graphics.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

Nintendo never makes a system that costs more to make than what they sell it as.  And if rumors are to be beleived, their going to make a system 'about the same as an XBOX360.  Why would that exceed $300 dollars when MS is selling the XBOX360 for less than that?

Actually, if rumors are to be believed, it's quite a bit more powerful than the X360.    If it's based on the RV740 GPU, like
many suspect, it will have 3 times the Gpixel fill rate.   That is not 'about the same as an Xbox 360'.   In Gpixel rating, that's a huge jump.

As for CPU, if it's Power6 or Power7 based, it would stomp all over the X360's Xenon CPU.  Just comparing core count is pointless.   Would you say a Core 2 Quad is just as powerful as a 2600k Sandy Bridge CPU?   Both are Intel 4 core CPU's  but the latter kicks the snot out of the former.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

^ Elementary, my dear Watsons.

Following Grice's maxims of conversation, people tend to make the strongest statement possible.

'I went to this restraunt last night, the food tasted better than untreated sewage', would hardly be used to describe a good restraunt.

'Buy our car now during our end of year sale and save over 1%' Would not be a good way to get people to come to your 50% off clearance sale.

" Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster."

Ie the clock speed will not be MUCH faster. If it was, they would have compared it to something else, or not compared it at all.

The system will support 1080p output

ie the system will NOT support higher resolutions

Similarly, Nintendo could attempt to lower the retail price of the system (from $350) with lower profit margins to make the price more alluring. 

ie the system can be sold at $300 - $325 at retail and make a profit.

@ alfredo in particular. Do you honestly believe something 50-75% more powerful than the PS3 would, if released in 2012, be the same size as the original 360? If so, I suggest you take a more detailed look at the progress of console over the years.

The Gamecube was more powerful than the N64 by a higher ratio than this is reporting theWii2 to be more powerful than the 360 by. The GC was smaller than the N64

The N64 was more powerful than the Snes by a higher ratio than this is reporting theWii2 to be more powerful than the 360 by. The N64 was smaller than the Snes

The Snes was more powerful than the nes by a higher ratio than this is reporting theWii2 to be more powerful than the 360 by. The snes was smaller than the nes

The Wii was more powerful than the GC by about the same ratio that this is reporting theWii2 to be more powerful than the 360 by. The Wii was much smaller than the GC

Honestly, I don't get how these people can stay employed after writing such drivel. If they are right about all of this (ie both their power predictions and that the volume is greater than or equal to that of the first model of 360) I shall eat my hat.

Play4Fun said:
Albion said:
ph4nt said:

an R700 GPU blows the 360/PS3 out of the water. So that is good news.

So in 2013 Microsoft will blow it out. and in 2014 Sony will blow both right out.

Depending on how all this plays out. I may be going X-Box next gen.

No, they won't blow it out. Not while development costs are as high as they are. They are going to be more conservative than they were this gen.

The power gap next gen is going to be smaller than this gen. Small enough for all 3 consoles to share multiplats.

This could be a thread all to itself actually. Care to make one and post a poll on opinions?    Or shall I