By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS3 and 360 fans, how do you feel about the new Nintendo HD rumors?

So PS3 and 360 fans, how do you feel about the new Nintendo HD rumors?

So excited! Always liked ... 36 12.46%

Already was a Wii fan, HD... 52 17.99%

Wait and see, wasn't a f... 28 9.69%

Not excited,Nintendo just... 57 19.72%

Its coming too early, not... 45 15.57%

See poll results. 70 24.22%

Total:288

Nintendo will do whatever they want and it'll be done well and it'll be great.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network

Zelda HD is a generation too late.

I'm excited and I always liked Nintendo's other consoles better than the Wii.  I don't know if the next console will be as big of a sales success as the Wii, but I do think the gaming aspect will be better. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I just don't know that I'm ever going to be really excited by new Nintendo hardware.  The list of ip of theirs that I enjoy has only gotten smaller gen after gen.  They intentionally choose to make those games I do enjoy even worse for me, though it would be easy to do otherwise.  I have no problem that they have contempt for me as a gamer and my niche tastes.  I do think it's really hypocritical of them to say they make games for everyone while doing it.

Controller sounds interesting, but I need to see unique and intuitive applications. 

I'm excited for it and I will definitely buy it. I own a PS3 and have previously owned a 360, but I am ready to see what new Nintendo tech can offer.

Badassbab said:

There was a time when Ninty was at the forefront of console technology. SNES was more powerful than the MD/Genesis (but not Neo Geo), N64 was more powerful than the PSOne and Saturn. Gamecube exclusives (or former exclusives) more than held there own against the Xbox and PS2 so Wii is the first console Nintendo released with technology fair inferior to it's competitors and they were right to do that. They've made a mint with the Wii.

The question now is can lightning strike twice? The casual market has made Nintendo its fortune but going forward into a new generation is no guarantee that your audiences will follow. The core market will always be there but a good number of them have already abandoned Nintendo. Now will be the time to see if Nintendo can keep its player base and convert them from dabblers to regular consumers.

Around the Network

curious about what will come out of it

i dont really care for nintendo IP's but if 3rd party support is good and there are good interesting games coming out for it i would consider getting it. not for at least 2 years after release though.

They might be behind on hardware power but they are ahead in innovation and as we've learnt from this generation, that is what has won.

An upgraded 'Wii' is needed and was only a matter of time. Maybe if they release early (1 year ahead of PS4 and X-box 720) then they can set the stage for the next gen, get Sony and MS to start development on their next consoles. I mean here in the UK, 360 came out in 2005, only 3 years 9 months after the original Xbox, so Nintendo have already waited a more time to start the next generation.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

They might be behind on hardware power but they are ahead in innovation and as we've learnt from this generation, that is what has won.

An upgraded 'Wii' is needed and was only a matter of time. Maybe if they release early (1 year ahead of PS4 and X-box 720) then they can set the stage for the next gen, get Sony and MS to start development on their next consoles. I mean here in the UK, 360 came out in 2005, only 3 years 9 months after the original Xbox, so Nintendo have already waited a more time to start the next generation.

Remember that Xbox was a financial nightmare (a box that was impossible to profit off of and was sold for a loss from beginning to end), so Microsoft had great incentive to cut its life short

A better example would be Game Boy Advance, which lasted 3 years 3 months in the USA, despite being undisputed handheld king of the age and a real moneymaker for Nintendo

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If its as poor as the Wii that i got then i dont feel too interested.

Mr Khan said:

Remember that Xbox was a financial nightmare (a box that was impossible to profit off of and was sold for a loss from beginning to end), so Microsoft had great incentive to cut its life short

A better example would be Game Boy Advance, which lasted 3 years 3 months in the USA, despite being undisputed handheld king of the age and a real moneymaker for Nintendo

Releasing  new console is no garrentee of success, MS were still selling at a loss but you are right, GBA is a far better example.

Hmm, pie.