By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is the 360 doing horrible in the Others Category?

"""its not Microsoft's fault that they made a OS that is easy to handle unlike Apple's or Linux"""

==> Most part of the Windows content was stolen to Apple by MassStealer.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I'm Russian and I dont know if I'm european or not. I may consider it but Europeands are far for admiting it, isnt they? =)
Europeans say the word 'hate' very easy. I dont know where it came from but hatred is the common place for them. Germans hate Franks, Franks hate Germans and they hate Angles altogether. UK dwellers hate everybody who lives at the continent etc. With this 'lovely' hatred they live already a millenium making long and exhausing wars and trying to prove each other who is the best in Europe. Appoxemetely once per 2 centures they tried to occupy Russia and we had to punch their noses. Teutons, Polaks, Sweds, Franks, Germans, etc. tryed to do. And after all they call us barbarians.
Now they hate the US and easily state they we dont like XBox 360 cuz they hate the US. Childish. Offensive. Mindless
****Sry for offtopic *******

We Russians dont hate the USA. I may not say that we felt in love with it but mainly we dont care. But we preffer PS3 - why? The question is obvious.
First we choose without any patriotic pathetics like US games do. Cuz we dont care.
Second comes pure logic. Original XBox failed and has no support.
Third PS3 is BR player for free.
PS3 has no RRoD
PS3 and X360 games lineups are particularly the same now
PS3 will have more games we want to have and games we like PS
PS3 offers a complete solution while XBox 360 needs additional expenses to make it perfect or suit your needs (like WiFi dongle or HD DVD drive)

And finaly MS doesnt have such influence here to suck our brains out .... 

I'm glad I'm living in rich ass Norway

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Duke Of Darkness said:

I don't think anybody envies those taxes.

Duke Of Darkness said:

Norge is social protected and pretty prospering country.

Unfortunately you are a bit misinformed or a victim of stereotypes.

I may not say for entire Russia, but frankly speaking an average Moscow resident (native, not newcomer) has a comparable life livel with an average Norwegian.

Unfortunately incredible high real estate prices (I own apartments near the city center preced over $1 mill - sounds horrible I know but it is true) dont let many people to have their own houses in suburbs. Food is extremely expensive in Moscow too. That shitty facts let Moscow take 1st place in the world as the most expensive city to live.

http://www.finfacts.com/costofliving.htm

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/15/pf/most_expensive_cities/

http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html

That is why I was a bit confused when I saw a lot of whining posts from US games about high PS3 price. In Moscow PS3 initially cost $910, then dropped to $740 for a 60GB SKU. The cheapest price I saw now is $660 for 40Gb SKU. It is appoximetely $100 higher then in the UK.

The same shit is about X360 too 

Around the Network
gunnar2906 said:

I'm Russian and I dont know if I'm european or not. I may consider it but Europeands are far for admiting it, isnt they? =)
Europeans say the word 'hate' very easy. I dont know where it came from but hatred is the common place for them. Germans hate Franks, Franks hate Germans and they hate Angles altogether. UK dwellers hate everybody who lives at the continent etc. With this 'lovely' hatred they live already a millenium making long and exhausing wars and trying to prove each other who is the best in Europe. Appoxemetely once per 2 centures they tried to occupy Russia and we had to punch their noses. Teutons, Polaks, Sweds, Franks, Germans, etc. tryed to do. And after all they call us barbarians.
Now they hate the US and easily state they we dont like XBox 360 cuz they hate the US. Childish. Offensive. Mindless

Well, Actually I don't buy the 360 just because of that.. If you think that's childish and offensive, sure, be my guest, but I'm not going to give money to a crappy company like Microsoft. I don't hate X360 though, I just hate that its made by Microsoft. 

PSN: TrbSvns.

Spectrumglr said:
TurboSvans said:

"We don't buy it because it's not from Europe. We don't buy it because it breaks all the time. We don't buy it because we hate Microsoft. We don't buy it because we hate America. We buy PS3s (Japanese) because they don't break. I don't buy MS products because I hate MS and I hate Windows, but I use it, but I pirate."

I suppose (almost) none of those statements are contradictory, but I don't think you really make a good case for any one of them, and none of them really connect to each other." -final fan.

What I meant to say with that we don't buy it because its not from here, is that x360 only sells in the US, because its an american product.. And yes, we hate America. Dont blame us for saying what we believe and standing up to your fucked up system and even more fucked up president and values. America needs people that say what they believe and protest, if Bush would've been president for France he would've resigned years ago because of all the riots his decisions would have caused. But Americans just sit quiet and let him fuck up the world.. I'm not french btw, I'm Swedish, and Swedes is just as bad as Americans not to speak up, but atleast we vote for a decent leader..

Speak for yourself: you hate America, you think that their values are fucked up...i don't and I'm European just like you.

Ah, i still have enough brain to separate Microsoft from US foreign policy...do you?

Yes, of course I seperate those two things, but if you support Microsoft, you support USA in a way, since Microsoft is an American company. I know they don't have the same policy because I know Microsoft doesnt have any political views, but that doesnt really matter to me, Microsoft is still a crap company, that's they main reason why I dont buy from them. That I don't support the US in the process is just bonus.

PSN: TrbSvns.

TurboSvans said:

Yes, of course I seperate those two things, but if you support Microsoft, you support USA in a way, since Microsoft is an American company. I know they don't have the same policy because I know Microsoft doesnt have any political views, but that doesnt really matter to me, Microsoft is still a crap company, that's they main reason why I dont buy from them. That I don't support the US in the process is just bonus.

First of all, I agree completely about MS.

Second, a hypothetical question...

Would you buy from an American company who was fair to its workers, loyal to its customers and reliable when it came to delivering gaming content to Europe in a timely fashion? 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I didn't think ALL europeans are like me, but the fact is, i don't like western games at all, 90% of the games i own are comin' from Japan...

There are nearly no japanese games on the 360, it's that simple... mostly american FPS, and these are not my cup of tea, just as poor movie to game adaptations, or sports games...

And as i don't like Microsoft either, that's already two very good reasons not to buy a 360...

A third one would be: games are very expensive, and for the budget of a 360 (plus accessories and a few games), i prefer to buy more Wii, DS and PS2 games, both new and second-hand...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Quite simply, the 360 is selling better than the PS3 only in English speaking countries. Outside of the English world the PS3 has been consistently outselling the 360 since about October 8th.

Perhaps Microsoft has shoddy localization?