By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo keep the Wii controller for the Wii's successor?

Should Nintendo keep the Wii controller for the Wii's successor?

see poll results 17 18.28%

Yes, and don't change anything about it 6 6.45%

No and focus back on buttons 9 9.68%

No but make it have motion control again 10 10.75%

No and make it have something entirely new 11 11.83%

Yes, but tweak it somehow 40 43.01%

Total:93
Linkasf said:

Well I'm not sure what other buttons are really needed. I'm also a player that has use nunchuck and wii-remote on Monster Hunter 3, and have reached rank 146. Most people use the classic controller... And I hated that control style because my hands felt handcuffed. I think it works just fine for every game that I have played on the Wii.

Ditto.  I can't tolerate MH3 with the CCPro.  The Wii controller made it almost impossible for me to use a standard controller anymore for any game.  That's not to say it can't be improved though.  I really hope it stays very similar.

Around the Network
hYpnochronic said:
Linkasf said:

Well I'm not sure what other buttons are really needed. I'm also a player that has use nunchuck and wii-remote on Monster Hunter 3, and have reached rank 146. Most people use the classic controller... And I hated that control style because my hands felt handcuffed. I think it works just fine for every game that I have played on the Wii.

Ditto.  I can't tolerate MH3 with the CCPro.  The Wii controller made it almost impossible for me to use a standard controller anymore for any game.  That's not to say it can't be improved though.  I really hope it stays very similar.

I'm glad that someone else shares this way of playing MH3 (me and my friend use this style of play).

It should shape more like a penis to make for comfortable grip so the female players would... oh... nevermind.