By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: PS3 over 50m units sold and 8m MOVE units sold.

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
late_release said:
psrock said:

I'm very happy to Move being a huge susscess. Hopefully Sony support it properly. As for PS3, expected numbers. 

Hmm what you mean? As far as I see the Move TANKED in comparison with its rivals :/

It's couple million behind the fastest selling product ever, that's a success to me. 

This is where the 8 mill vs 10 mill (plus) figures are deceptive.

When the Move userbase isn't actually anywhere near 10 mill, or 8 mill, and in a longer time frame .. it's not so HUGE.

Move has done well, but an estimated 4/5 mill userbase in 6 months plus including a holiday period ... isn't HUGE.

It's doing very well though and will chug along nicely.

Selling 8 million of any products in 6 months no matter the userbase is huge to me. Sellling is selling. And I really don't care much for userbase since it''s nearly impossible to know, I only have one move, obviously I know people with more than one 360, it means nothing. Sony sold 8 million move, HUGE.

Don't you mean shipping?

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
late_release said:
psrock said:

I'm very happy to Move being a huge susscess. Hopefully Sony support it properly. As for PS3, expected numbers. 

Hmm what you mean? As far as I see the Move TANKED in comparison with its rivals :/

It's couple million behind the fastest selling product ever, that's a success to me. 

When the Move userbase isn't actually anywhere near 10 mill, or 8 mill, and in a longer time frame .. it's not so HUGE.

Move has done well, but an estimated 4/5 mill userbase in 6 months plus including a holiday period ... isn't HUGE.

Selling 8 million of any products in 6 months no matter the userbase is huge to me. Sellling is selling. And I really don't care much for userbase since it''s nearly impossible to know, I only have one move, obviously I know people with more than one 360, it means nothing. Sony sold 8 million move, HUGE.

Don't you mean shipping?

Selling to MS, Nintendo, Sony is shipping. Why is this always an issue, you've been here long enough. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Nsanity said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
late_release said:
psrock said:

Don't you mean shipping?

Selling to MS, Nintendo, Sony is shipping. Why is this always an issue, you've been here long enough. 

don't waste you time

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

LOL userbase is closer to 35/40 mill ... are you kidding ..

That stupid equation aside, it's not about what's active, it's about how many consumers have bought the product.

How many consumers have bought 2,3, 4 360's, how many consumers have had the 360's replaced by MS, how many have ugraded to the new slim version. You see, the same way you can put equation into Move, we can do the same for other consoles. The simple fact is, you don't know  the actual userbase of Move. 

Very thin veiled excuses psrock.

Ioi seems to be tracking Move very well, he correctly predicted 7/8 mill shipped around March 1st, he estimates about a 4/5 mill userbase. So I'm going with that. after it's better than "oh, we just don't know"

He kinda has a point. If Microsoft had reliable systems and people didn't have to replace them 4-5 times the PS3 probably would've been well ahead of Microsoft by now. Plus, If the Kinect was truly moving consoles, the 360 would be well ahead of the PS3. The PS3 and 360's peripherals are mostly purchased by current owners. This means the race of true value begins now.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

That stupid equation aside, it's not about what's active, it's about how many consumers have bought the product.

How many consumers have bought 2,3, 4 360's, how many consumers have had the 360's replaced by MS, how many have ugraded to the new slim version. You see, the same way you can put equation into Move, we can do the same for other consoles. The simple fact is, you don't know  the actual userbase of Move. 

Ioi seems to be tracking Move very well, he correctly predicted 7/8 mill shipped around March 1st, he estimates about a 4/5 mill userbase. So I'm going with that. after it's better than "oh, we just don't know"

He kinda has a point. If Microsoft had reliable systems and people didn't have to replace them 4-5 times the PS3 probably would've been well ahead of Microsoft by now.

Considering you get a 3 yr warranty, only a dumbass would have bought 4/5 xbox's insted of get them repaired for free, hence why I fail to believe that's happened outside of a few occasions.

Around the Network
psrock said:
Nsanity said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
late_release said:
psrock said:

Don't you mean shipping?

Are you offering me a tissue?

goforgold said:
psrock said:
Nsanity said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
late_release said:
psrock said:

Don't you mean shipping?

don't waste you time

Great comeback.

Nsanity said:
psrock said:
Nsanity said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
late_release said:
psrock said:

I

Don't you mean shipping?

Are you offering me a tissue?

If I did, you'd do thread about it. I would never let that happen.  

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

He kinda has a point. If Microsoft had reliable systems and people didn't have to replace them 4-5 times the PS3 probably would've been well ahead of Microsoft by now.

Considering you get a 3 yr warranty, only a dumbass would have bought 4/5 xbox's insted of get them repaired for free, hence why I fail to believe that's happened outside of a few occasions.

You're completely ignoring the fact that MS denied the problem of RROD for about a 1-1 1/2 years.  How many broke down in that time?  Also the 3 year warranty only covered RROD, and later E74, not all 360 defects.  And how many decided to just buy a new Slim when there previous model, even if repaired, still had issues?  And what happens when the 3 year warranty expires on your console?  I mean later this year will mark the 360's 6th year on the market.

Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

Dude....My warranty ran out before mine red ringed. I'm one of the people who can attest to this. Microsoft didn't immediately work on the warranty until the people reached 60% of all 360 owners. The people who had the consoles an saw them red ring after a year or two were fucked. 2007 was a horrible year for customer support. Trust me...a lot of people would've opted for the three year warranty but had no choice. Either they bought the Xbox used or their Warranties ran out.