By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ZOMG PS3 Passes 8 Million!!!

StanGable said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:
endurance said:
Sorair said:

Clearly the Wii isn't using or going after a HD format or its not even HD 1080p....So thats why I'm comparing the 360 and PS3...

so just because it isnt HD it isnt competing against them

I wouldn't say just HD, but the fact that both PS3 and 360 are media hubs while the Wii isn't, then there is the fact that the Wii targets the causal market while both the PS3 and 360 target the more traditinal gamers as well tecc/movie buffs, it'll be like comparing apples and oranges, yeah their fruit but different type of fruits.

Wait wait wait! So now you're saying PS3 and 360 are not really gaming machines, they are media hubs! Then why the heck are we even comparing them at all! In all honesty Wii deserves to be up there competing with both the PS3 and 360 because FIRST AND FOREMOST IS A VIDEOGAME CONSOLE WHICH I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE TRUE ESSENCE OF ALL THREE CONSOLES.

Don't neglect the Wii because they didn't want to shove up your butt all this technology to make the PS3 or 360 so dang expensive that not everyone wants to buy right now. So if if I were to use your analogy it wouldn't be one is apples and the other is oranges, rather they three of them are all apples, just different types of apples (fuji, gaia, red, you name them) and people are buying the type with they believe has the better taste!

So in conclusion, Wii is handling Sony's and Microsoft's asses cuz I know there are traditional videogame players that own a Wii and not a 360 or PS3.

to me, the wii is a 100m spinter, but ain't no Marathon runner and that's what there other 2 are, and yeah it's that expensive tech that will give them the distance, but hey that's coming from a tech buff like my self.

Around the Network

Good, now let the games begin... rolling on the PS3 please! Eternal Sonata, White Knight Story, Jak & Daxter, what so ever, bring them on!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
Good, now let the games begin... rolling on the PS3 please! Eternal Sonata, White Knight Story, Jak & Daxter, what so ever, bring them on!

eternal sonata on ps3? :(

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

*~Onna76~* said:

isnt eternal sonata already on 360?

and jak and daxter would be awesome

Personally, I think that it is possible that they will sell 9 mil PS3s but its more likely that they will get 8.60 mil-8.85 mil. I would definitely like to see it reach 9 mil by the end of the year though...

PSN ID: aceninja007

Around the Network
endurance said:
*~Onna76~* said:

isnt eternal sonata already on 360?

and jak and daxter would be awesome

Wouldn't I be playing it by now if I would own a 360

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

So ... AWESOME! dammit I was just celibrating christmas with my friends and family. I had to come later in to hear the great news :). BTW, got some really awesome rocker style clothes, its been a great christmas eve.

This is fantastic. My VGchartz christmas gift definitely.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

grandmaster192 said:
If only Hus, Blue3, Ckmlb, Killzone3 and Leo-J were here in this thread... We would party like it's 1999!

Get ready to put the name Rukusa in that arsenal ... :P.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Party? Yeah 8 million is good but its pretty pointless when compared to the fact that one of your competitors has sold 17+ million in a similar timescale.

Games i'm currently playing:

Nice recoery by Sony
It should get to 10 mil easy in early 08. (End Of January at the latest)

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!