By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Heavy Rain!!

ill give my review by the end of this weekend.

Around the Network

Played Heavy Rain a few times through with the dual shock 3 and was left absolutely speechless... Literally I was in awe of everything that had just unfolded in front of me. Then I went back with my PS Move controller and it took me about 2 hours of gameplay to really get a feel for the Move remote.. But once I did, I was left with what is to me, one of my greatest and most fun times I've ever had with a video game before. The atmosphere hits the core of you, the music and ambience is like nothing I have ever seen in a movie or a game. Playing with the Move made me feel so much more a part of the game. By the time I had finished it a few times and unlocked (so far) about 60% of the trophies, I can still go back for more. Simply put, an amazing game. Not perfect, maybe not on the level of say Uncharted 2, but it is in an entirely different genre of games. It is truly unique. To me...

9.5/10. 

Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

For what is essentially a point and click adventure game fitted for a console, it doesn't live up to many of the greats to me, it's graphically pretty good, but I think games like Uncharted 2 look much better.  The story itself isn't great, it's like a crime thriller but not even a great one, it's got some twists that keeps it above being flat out average, but I dislike the pacing as it felt slow to me. 

The serious issues I had with the game was the spinning options that made it hard to clearly read, don't even know how that was supposed to get someone more into the game... and the fact that in some places they act like you can die but you can simply put down the controller and nothing bad will happen to them, there was a reason the creator said it loses it's effect if you play through the game twice cause you experiment with those things.  Oh and there were legit plotholes.

Personally I give it about a 6/10 just not my cup of tea at all but I do see the work that was attempted.

That and to compensate for the 9.5s :p

Just to make things clear, I was joking in the other thread, I think DKCR is a masterpiece in 2D platforming, no platformer (or game in general) has made me want to rage quit like that game in a long time, I love it just like I loves my Demons Souls.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Amazing story, great characters and exciting till the end. I guess I'm the first one to give it that score.

Score: 10

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

CGI-Quality said:
snfr said:

Amazing story, great characters and exciting till the end. I guess I'm the first one to give it that score.

I'm actually quite shocked at many of the scores here, I didn't think people liked it that much. Then again, the sales numbers should have taught me a lesson about HR.

Indeed, many high scores in here. I'm surprised too, but it's an excellent game and it deserves it IMO. It's my 2nd favourite game of all time so far.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
snfr said:
CGI-Quality said:
snfr said:

I'm actually quite shocked at many of the scores here, I didn't think people liked it that much. Then again, the sales numbers should have taught me a lesson about HR.

Indeed, many high scores in here. I'm surprised too, but it's an excellent game and it deserves it IMO. It's my 2nd favourite game of all time so far.

I'm beginning to think you're awesome!

Yay!!!

*is happy*

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

Pros:-

Amazingly detailed characters and environments

Engaging story that you help shape

Control systems that makes the experience more immersive

Great soundtrack

- plot holes

- Glitches

- Movement controls

Score: 9.5/10

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

9/10 - amazing game

pros:

- gripping story

- immersive atmosphere (music, graphics, camera, etc.)

cons:

- a few plot holes

- tank controls (I played it with the Move though => no tank controls => yay)

8/10 using DS3, 8.7/10 using Move.

Since I used Move for the game it gets an 8.7/10 from me.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

^^Ha I hope it turns out to be the best rated game (it certainly deserves it!)

Anyways 2 days left to vote!