By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - As a Nintendo fan I feel relief with the current drought.

Exactly! I've been finding deals on all the old games I never got the first time, going through my favorites again, and generally having a blast while not spending $60 on the newest hype-fest this week that'll last 10 hours until the next hypefest drops. It's fun to be playing games. Just finished Windwaker again, and now I'm trying to get through all the damn temples in DKCR ( if i don't break all of my wiimotes in frustration first!)

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Around the Network
Tizona said:

Exactly! I've been finding deals on all the old games I never got the first time, going through my favorites again, and generally having a blast while not spending $60 on the newest hype-fest this week that'll last 10 hours until the next hypefest drops. It's fun to be playing games. Just finished Windwaker again, and now I'm trying to get through all the damn temples in DKCR ( if i don't break all of my wiimotes in frustration first!)

A thousand times THIS!

....i recently bought Hotel Dusk, Chronno Trigger and Ace Attorney: TT for 45 bucks and i'm having a BLAST on my 3DS (yeah i know they're not in 3D but i've never had a DS so ALL the games are new to me)

What sucks about this drought for me is that I WOULD normally be knockin' out my huge backlog of awesome Wii games.  The problem is, however, is that I'm now in a dual masters degree program and I just don't have time play anything (or post on VGC lately).

This summer I will have a break.  Gonna get as much gaming in as I can then.

Plus why blame Nintendo alone for this? Those that do this forget there has been a third party drought long before (before the games could even be made that people supposedly weren't buying).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Is this thread a response to a certain another thread?

Around the Network
justinian said:

What's good out there? What games are in your backlogs?

Ok, to clear things up, for ME backlog are games that I HAVE but haven't finished or played, taking that into account my backlog is:

Epic Mickey (not started)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (not started)

Trauma Team (not started)

NBA Jam (not finished)

Little's King Story (not finished)

Monster Hunter Tri (not finished)

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles (not finished)

Arc Rise Fantasia (not started)

Kirby's Epic Yarn (not finished)

and one that is borrowed Mini Ninjas

I have 2 games pending to buy (conduit 2 next week and Sonic Colors when it reaches 20 dollars). Those should be more than enough to cover any kind of drought even if it last 6 or 7 more months. I just don't have enough free time I have a job and a wife, I cannot spend more time playing, and I can't understand when people complain because they don't have anything new to buy and/or play every week.

I feel it.  I have a huge library spanning all of the consoles.  There's not really any must haves on any of the consoles (for me) at the moment.  It feels good to just look at the games I already own and just have fun without worrying about finishing the next big thing before the next next big thing comes out.  I am finally at peace.

Thinking of it like that... I totally agree with the OP! I have lots and lots of games on my shelf, which I haven't even touched yet. So I personally don't care about the drought.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:

Thinking of it like that... I totally agree with the OP! I have lots and lots of games on my shelf, which I haven't even touched yet. So I personally don't care about the drought.

I still haven't beaten all of my Gamecube, PS2, and GBA games. Or even all my PS1 and N64 games. Combine that with DS, Wii, 360, PSP, and PC games I haven't beaten, and I have this "drought" time covered.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Tizona said:

Yea, Parts of DKCR can lead to some frustration. Have you tried out the time trials on the levels? GG