By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo`s business year ended. How did 3DS fare?

RolStoppable said:

I checked the source and yes, it says exactly that. However, it's half a year old, so Nintendo might have had other plans for the 3DS launch back then, bundling every unit with a physical copy like the Wii with Wii Sports.

Then again, they haven't changed their forecast when they released their last financial report in January, so I am really not sure what to think of the 15 million number. I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks until we get official word from them along with the admission that they fell short of both the hardware and software projections.

Good time to buy some Nintendo stock, methinks...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

I`m not the best person to say if said ratio is good or not but 15 million games shipped to 2 million and something sold through does seem a bit high, but seeing as Capcom already shipped 1M SSF4 3D copies to stores, it seems that Nintendo, 3rd parties and retailers seem to be expecting really good sales after 3DS launch.

How much is the Wii prjoection