no, its a lie 103 32.80%

Total:314
CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:
kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:
Aldro said:

I hope Selnor isn't crying :')!

i wonder if Kowenicki, Nsanity, and Selnor will come to this thread?

hi there big fella.  Why wouldnt I?

Still going on about this?  wow... quiet month at your house?

If lens of truth says its a graphics king then so be it...  have fun.

kowenicki on 24 March 2011

"No that it matter, its good for both, it seems we have a new king in thew FPS genre visual stakes.  At times sure it dropsthe ball a bit but that is because it is trying to achieve a higher standard... 

So the best looking FPS thus far.... is a multiplat.  hoorah."

I don't always agree with Kowen, but some of you guys are going a little far. He said he was fine with the final word either way (despite what he said in March). He's come to terms with what others think, even if he doesn't agree.

Seriously guys...

well i only posted like i did becasue of the tone of his post. which was clearly of arrogance and anger

im not here to make fun of the opinions of anyone that still disagrees with lens of truth, nor belittle anyone, but i believe his post warranted mine.

Around the Network
selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:

You missed an option. LOT is not x and y is better. It's tests a few things. None of which actually portrays what game is more impressive technically or aesthetically.

Example. At no time do they reffer to what lighting system each game has. How large the environments are. How many more polygons are being rendered ect ect.

Crysis 2 is the first attempt at having a PC type game environment on console. In other words non streamlined, corridorr shooters.

Framerates and other simpleton tests that these guys perform maen nothing other thean some end user tests.

You will call this out as people being sore losers.

Reality is, no tests were done for how much was realtime rendered. Or the fact that KZ3 does not have to compute Global illumination etc.

Crysis 2 when it stretches it's legs, no console game comes close. I agree that there are moments in Crysis 2 were it looks just good not wow. But the engine is the same throughout. It's designed to be able to handle the huge moments it has whilst still ingame. Not going to some cutscene or having a 10 ft wide corridor as a level ( Exaggerration ).

I've said this before you REALLY have to play more games dude

On console what games do you suggest?

I have finished

Gears 2, Alan Wake, FM3, Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Reach.

I have played more than 60% of the following:

Resis 2, Killzone 3, LBP 1, Bulletstorm.

Also played more than 20 hours of GT5.

So what game have I missed that is supposed to be near the size of Crysis 2 on consoles?

Since we have AW and HR added, get InFAMOUS too.

CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:
CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:
kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:
Aldro said:

"No that it matter, its good for both, it seems we have a new king in thew FPS genre visual stakes.  At times sure it dropsthe ball a bit but that is because it is trying to achieve a higher standard... 

I don't always agree with Kowen, but some of you guys are going a little far. He said he was fine with the final word either way (despite what he said in March). He's come to terms with what others think, even if he doesn't agree.

Seriously guys...

well i only posted like i did becasue of the tone of his post. which was clearly of arrogance and anger

Well it's understandable, he was called out when he hadn't said anything in here yet. Of course he wasn't going to be happy about that.

i meant nothing of it other than i was interested in their opinion of the matter or if they were going to completely avoid the thread.

also read my edit

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:

You missed an option. LOT is not x and y is better. It's tests a few things. None of which actually portrays what game is more impressive technically or aesthetically.

Example. At no time do they reffer to what lighting system each game has. How large the environments are. How many more polygons are being rendered ect ect.

Crysis 2 is the first attempt at having a PC type game environment on console. In other words non streamlined, corridorr shooters.

Framerates and other simpleton tests that these guys perform maen nothing other thean some end user tests.

Reality is, no tests were done for how much was realtime rendered. Or the fact that KZ3 does not have to compute Global illumination etc.

Crysis 2 when it stretches it's legs, no console game comes close. I agree that there are moments in Crysis 2 were it looks just good not wow. But the engine is the same throughout. It's designed to be able to handle the huge moments it has whilst still ingame. Not going to some cutscene or having a 10 ft wide corridor as a level ( Exaggerration ).

I have finished

So what game have I missed that is supposed to be near the size of Crysis 2 on consoles?

Really, Crysis 2 isn't as open as you're making it out. Yes, there are several paths you can take to get to a destination, but it's FAR more linear than the original Crysis and not leaps and bounds over other FPS console titles.

As I've said to a buddy of mine who thinks Crysis 2 looks better, I agree that this game puts up a fighting chance against the top dogs, but it's inconsistencies keep it from clearing them (albeit, outside of lighting where Crysis 2 leads the pack).

Hey it's all good. We are all different.

Personally, Ive finished it twice now. And the slowdown and so called tearing is non existant. Or more to say unnoticeable, at least on my 360 version. Yes there is popin. That I have noticed. But definately CGI this is due to a much larger play space than any other FPS on consoles.

I would rather a console dev attempt to push the envelope with size, scale, effects and realtime engine cutscenes in a game  than opt for the COD, KZ style of smaller but easier to handle.

Playing the 2 giants definately shows that Cryteks goals were more optimistic on the tech available in PS3 and 360 than KZ3 was. One played to the boundries of the limits and one swiped it's legs over the line.

Thats the technical difference between the 2 which with both at full stretch is obvious. Crysis 2 could have had some extra polish on the slower moments and the moments and some textures which seem to somehow been missed.

But overall Crysis 2 had more wow factor.

selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:

I have finished

lol near the size of Crysis 2???? I played crysis 2 and it's NO where near as hugh as your making it out to be, what missions are you playing that are so hugh becasue I clearly missed them.

this is huge dude

nothing I'd played in Crysis 2 came within an inch of a mile of that.

Around the Network
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:

I have finished

Really, Crysis 2 isn't as open as you're making it out. Yes, there are several paths you can take to get to a destination, but it's FAR more linear than the original Crysis and not leaps and bounds over other FPS console titles.

As I've said to a buddy of mine who thinks Crysis 2 looks better, I agree that this game puts up a fighting chance against the top dogs, but it's inconsistencies keep it from clearing them (albeit, outside of lighting where Crysis 2 leads the pack).

Hey it's all good. We are all different.

Personally, Ive finished it twice now. And the slowdown and so called tearing is non existant. Or more to say unnoticeable, at least on my 360 version. Yes there is popin. That I have noticed. But definately CGI this is due to a much larger play space than any other FPS on consoles.

I would rather a console dev attempt to push the envelope with size, scale, effects and realtime engine cutscenes in a game  than opt for the COD, KZ style of smaller but easier to handle.

Playing the 2 giants definately shows that Cryteks goals were more optimistic on the tech available in PS3 and 360 than KZ3 was. One played to the boundries of the limits and one swiped it's legs over the line.

Thats the technical difference between the 2 which with both at full stretch is obvious. Crysis 2 could have had some extra polish on the slower moments and the moments and some textures which seem to somehow been missed.

But overall Crysis 2 had more wow factor.

that much I agree, you truly were BLOWN away when you played Crysis 2

edit: oh and read my edit when I first quoted you on what Crysis 2 is actually doing compared to what you think it's doing

re edit: slap yourself for comparing KZ3 to COD and then go actually play KZ3

kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:
CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:
CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:
kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:
Aldro said:

Seriously guys...

Well it's understandable, he was called out when he hadn't said anything in here yet. Of course he wasn't going to be happy about that.

i meant nothing of it other than i was interested in their opinion of the matter or if they were going to completely avoid the thread.

also read my edit

thats clearly a lie but whatever...  have fun.

you dont see making fun of anyones opinions do you?

and ive never had any ill will to selnor, bud

goforgold said:
selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:

I have finished

lol near the size of Crysis 2???? I played crysis 2 and it's NO where near as hugh as your making it out to be, what missions are you playing that are so hugh becasue I clearly missed them.

this is huge dude

I'm not comparing a PC game. Thats not fair.

To be honest, I couldnt actually care less.

Half think x game hald=f think y game.

Reality is they are all so close. Period.

Now back to the awesome Bulletstorm.

Lmao... Half my ass. More like 20-30% thinking Crysis 2, 70-80% thinking KZ3.

EDIT: Have to agree by the way, why are people talking about the scale of Crysis 2 as it's out of this world on consoles? Cronos fight or even Poseidon in God of War 3..? Anyone lol?

selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:
goforgold said:
selnor said:

I have finished

this is huge dude

I'm not comparing a PC game. Thats not fair.

To be honest, I couldnt actually care less.

Half think x game hald=f think y game.

Reality is they are all so close. Period.

Now back to the awesome Bulletstorm.

typical

*back to GT5*