By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for a FPS with a good single player campaign. Suggestions?

-Bioshock series (everything in this game is good for me)

-Far Cry 2 (GREAT game, you will love it!)

-Metro 2033 (incredible atmosphere)

-Fallout 3 (mix of RPG and FPS)

-S.T.A.L.K.E.R series (mix of RPG and FPS)

-Borderlands (yes, again, mix of RPG and FPS, but you can also play online multiplayer)

-COD games (Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops)

-Half Life series (very good storyline)

-Deus EX series (excelent gameplay)

-System Shock

-The Chronicles of Riddick series

Around the Network

Half-Life. You can buy the whole series on Steam for cheap, or get The Orange Box for your 360.

pots555 said:

So, I am going at it 3 games at a time.  A quick overview of my thoughts:

Crysis 2:  Still amazing.  This is one of the best gaming experience I have had.  I am sold, call me a fan.

Metro 2033:  So far, I am loving it.  The atmosphere is amazing.  Everything has a meaning, the safe zone are really interesting.  For the first time, I feel that a game as mastered the art of Survival horror.  But man, this game is hard.

Call of duty 4: modern warfare:  Well, I don't feel "immersed" in the game.  I feel that my partners are doing way too much work.  I just tag along, going along with them.  Weird.  I don't hate it by any means, I just don't know if I am playing it or not.  Maybe I need to get used to it.

I will be interested to see what you think of the ending of metro 2033 it's quite interesting

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Bioshock is what you are looking for.

So, I have finished Crysis 2.  What a good ending to an amazing game.  This masterpiece has really opened the doors to FPS in my gaming collection.  Truly epic and engaging all the way through.  My playthrough took 13 and a half hours.  Very good value.

And now, I can focus my attention to Metro 2033.  This game is really growing on me, even if it's not without faults.  The "stealth" sections are really tough.  I am now completly stuck in the part with the communists.  I don't know where to go and if I make one mistake, I am a very dead man.  But I don't want to look at a walkthrough.  With this game, I want to do it by myself.  It is a challenge to play. But each new section brings something new to the atmosphere.  It's like a more focus Fallout 3 experience.  Creepy and fun.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

Definitely BioShock. It's up there with the greatest FPS games of all time for me, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like the genre too much.

MilkyJoe is a wise milky man.

FPS aren't really my thing, but man... Bioshock was just a fantastic game. I highly recommend it, and it's one of my favorite games this generation. ^_^