By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A look at where U.S. Presidential Candidates stand on Violent Videogames

yeah Richardson and Obama had the best responses.

Around the Network

Obama and Richardson sound good.

Hillary has me nervous (As I like her on the other issues) and Romney sounds like he wants to ban video games.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Yet another reason why I'm glad I support Barack Obama. He certainly has the momentum in the Democratic race and will likely win in Iowa and hopefully New Hampshire as well.

OBAMA WINS ON THIS ONE.IMO

Quality for Life

They all seemed pretty reasonable to me, with the notable exception of the last guy. Please don't tell me he is a serious candidate.

Remember, they're mostly talking about stopping violent games from ending up in the hands of children. I stopped seeing a problem with that the day I turned 16. =P

Ron Paul probably doesn't care about video games, since he can't find a mention of them in the 18th century legal texts his politics are based on.

Around the Network

They are all playing the typical political balancing act and trying to appease everybody without actually making any concrete policy statements.
Except for Mitt Romney who is quite clearly a Nazi and probably burnt Beatles records in the '60s.

I don't think videogame policy is gonna be a deal breaker though.

SO does his ean that none of the candidates will allow "wii badger baiting" ten

I like how they quoted five or six Democratic candidates and one bat-shit crazy Republican. Yeah, that seems balanced.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well, seriously, get me some quotes from republicans, I bet they don't sound much better. Out of the bunch, Edwards sound the least uninformed, he even mentioned the parental control options available on the current systems.

EDIT--Besides, like Hillary sounds much better on this than Mitt. Republican or democrat, you can have a stupid stance on things. I frankly don't care for any of their policies regarding videogames overmuch, it's just that Edwards seems to at least know what he's talking about.

rocketpig said:
I like how they quoted five or six Democratic candidates and one bat-shit crazy Republican. Yeah, that seems balanced.

Mitt Romney is the leading Republic candidate though, along with Huckabee who believes similar things.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker