By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles 2 Confirmed for US (Includes remastered WKC1)!

Finally some concrete information. Guess I'll be selling WKC1 pretty soon. I only got 20 hours in anyway.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

ooooo big deal they didn;t bring over Demon's souls or WKC, games that will NEVER make the 1 million mark in america. Honestly from a business point its not a bad desicion. I love Demon's Souls but there is no reason to dog on SCEA for not bringing it over. Lets not forget all the amazing games they have published this gen.

radiantshadow92 said:

ooooo big deal they didn;t bring over Demon's souls or WKC, games that will NEVER make the 1 million mark in america. Honestly from a business point its not a bad desicion. I love Demon's Souls but there is no reason to dog on SCEA for not bringing it over. Lets not forget all the amazing games they have published this gen.

Neither will many of the games they brought to the states. Seriously, they published much less popular titles in the US. >_>

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It sold around 800.000 which is not bad for a JRPG (excluding Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest). Its a pretty Solid game but it was developed with the sequel in mind, so it has no real ending sequence. It is just over after the a short sequence and is directly continued in WKC 2.

The story is nicely told but nothing extraordinaire. I liked it though and I am looking forward to WKC 2 to see how it is going on.

The game is not really real time battle... its more like Active Time battle where you can attack after your action bar is ready. You can enter different commands and can even form Combos. Each Class has its own set of commands.

The campaign is really easy and relatively short (40-50 hours without much challenge). You can turn into a giant Knight with some characters and that makes boss battles pretty easy. After you have beaten the game you can start going online, where you will spent most of the time (600h for Platinum trophy). The Online Mode should be similar to Monster Hunter, where you collect items to bind better gear and weapons. As you progress to higher Guild Ranks you gain access to stronger weapons and armors. The strength of your character will depend mainly on your gear as you reach the level cap of lvl 50, as you gain high status bonuses on the gear after you have upgraded it ten times.

The game is however becoming a major grind once you reach Guild Rank 11. The drop rates are almost halfed at GR7 and again at GR10 and getting the drops for gear binding and upgrading is getting very time-consuming during the last Guild Ranks.

If you like a solid RPG and a RPG-like Version of Monster Hunter for the online part you might really like the game. But don't expect something great or even brilliant like FF XIII.