By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the single best game last generation, do you think?

Advance Wars

Around the Network

SSBM......I'm slightly embarassed how much time I spent playing that game.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

advance wars

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

For me it's a tossup between Shenmue and Diablo 2.

The best games that I played were all Grand Theft Auto games. Although, I just bought FF12 and Kingdom Hearts 2, I may like them more (but doubtful).

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network
naznatips said:
No one picking Half-Life 2 makes me sad. My runner up is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Console games only, or else I would have picked HL2.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

NintendoTogepi said:
naznatips said:
No one picking Half-Life 2 makes me sad. My runner up is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Console games only, or else I would have picked HL2.

HL2 was released on the Xbox, so technically it counts. :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

metroid prime no doubt

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Without question, Resident Evil 4 for the Game Cube. Not only the best of the generation, perhaps the best of all time IMO.

I don't care what any1 say's the best game last generation by a mile was Fable: The Lost Chapters (XBOX). The amount of enjoyment I recieved from it was unbelievable. To this day I still play it despite the huge library of 360 games I accumulated over the past 2 years. I reckon in second I'd put either Jade Empire or Zelda Wind Waker(i don't know why people never liked it).

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking