By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 3/21 ~ 3/27

M.U.G.E.N said:
CGI-Quality said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Let's all forget about the horrible disaster that just happened

Then why was nothing else affected?

sony had stuffedz the stuffz in an underground barricade and were handing them out for free, you heard it here first.

Yep.  They (PSP and PS3) were part of relief packages.

I think the 3DS will be going to $200 / 20,000 yen sooner rather than later.  Priced a little too high, IMO.  They also need their big titles (nsmb, mk, 3d mario, pokemon, etc.)

Speaking of Sony stuffing da Channelz, I'm all for making a dedicated thread in may when the shipment data comes out for people to make their overship, stuff the channels, sony lying on their financials complaints.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Good to see Wii up, at least by a little.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

These sales show what we already know: Games sell hardware, not the other way around.

Compare the 3DS and wii new releases these last week with the one of the PS3 and PSP and i would have been really shocked if Nintendo had performed better. The wii hasn't have a draugh in release schedule... it's a black hole

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Nintendogamer said:
smbu2000 said:
kitler53 said:

btw -- when is golden week?

It's about a month away. End of April/Start of May area.

Nintendo systems alwways perform good at golden week right?

depends on what you mean.  all systems seem to get a pretty significant boost but from the several years i've been at vgchartz nintendo hasn't done any better/worse than their compitition.

psrock said:
Immortal said:
makingmusic476 said:

Nintendogs had a 170k opening week.  As of its fourth week, it was already at 365k:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/1657/nintendogs/

No, duh! It had a 2m base to sell to! If the sequel keeps it attach rate, which is possible, but not necessary, it ought to end up higher by the time 3DS hits 2m.

no, it's not.

...what? Why exactly isn't it possible? Whether or not it happens is up in the air, but you can by no means say that it's not even possible.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
psrock said:
Immortal said:
makingmusic476 said:

Nintendogs had a 170k opening week.  As of its fourth week, it was already at 365k:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/1657/nintendogs/

No, duh! It had a 2m base to sell to! If the sequel keeps it attach rate, which is possible, but not necessary, it ought to end up higher by the time 3DS hits 2m.

no, it's not.

...what? Why exactly isn't it possible? Whether or not it happens is up in the air, but you can by no means say that it's not even possible.

Nintendogs was a whole new experience on the DS, no one knew of it, it started slow and the hype kept building. This is not the case here, and it won't have the legs as new games arrive. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

Nintendogs was a whole new experience on the DS, no one knew of it, it started slow and the hype kept building. This is not the case here, and it won't have the legs as new games arrive. 

So? It's still possible. Maybe not likely, in your opinion, but certainly possible. You may think it won't have the same legs as it isn't a new experience anymore, but that doesn't render it impossible in general.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
psrock said:

So? It's still possible. Maybe not likely, in your opinion, but certainly possible. You may think it won't have the same legs as it isn't a new experience anymore, but that doesn't render it impossible in general.

when will you accept it won't?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Immortal said:
psrock said:

After it beats Nintendogs LT sales, :P?

No, but seriously, there's really no argument other than "it's not a fresh game anymore" against it which is subjective and hasn't always proven true in the market so it's anything but impossible.

Immortal said:
psrock said:
Immortal said:
psrock said:

After it beats Nintendogs LT sales, :P?

No, but seriously, there's really no argument other than "it's not a fresh game anymore" against it which is subjective and hasn't always proven true in the market so it's anything but impossible.

It's not selling the same either. 

Next Gen