By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Socom 4 Beta Impressions!

Title says it all; sorry if theres another forum regarding this, I haven't seen it.

Personally I've enjoyed the hell out of it. I haven't touched Socom since 1 and 2, but this game definitely brings back the feeling of pure tactical military shooting. Graphics are crisp, no lag, accurate shooting, nice variation of weapons and maps, and I'm definitely looking forward to it, as well as it's campaign. One thing is for certain, it's miles above socom confrontation. What do you guys think of the beta?

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

I actually like it. Its my first SOCOM game, but I wanted something thats tactical, demands you to be careful and not just stick your head up like every other game. You die easily.. imo so that's kinda awesome and gives a realism to it.

Im liking the beta BUT.. it feels like.. I don't know, the progression feels sort of ..dull? I'm not sure. I like it for the most part, but for some reason, I just don't feel like playing it all the time.

Can you play classic mode in the beta?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

im wanting this also, but i think il keep day 1 purchases under the hood for now

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

If you have the Killzone 3 Beta code, you can enter at 12 noon PST, today.

Around the Network

I didnt like i to be honest. Looks good, didnt experience any lags, just gameplay is not as good as i would like it to be.

leatherhat said:

-YESSS MON

J.a.M said:

leatherhat said:

-YESSS MON

Awesome, downloading now

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

i enjoy playing it, the only pain was the 1500MB online update...

It's a lot of fun, it looks great and runs smooth; I am very impressed with this game so far. This will be the one game that I buy with plans to actually participate in the MP. 

Hopefully the game boasts an equally impressive campaign to go along with what looks to be a definitive MP experience.

(The reason why I don't like MP in games is because I suck at it, and no matter how much I play I continue to suck at it. Getting the KZ2 Plat was one of the hardest things I have ever done, gaming wise obviously)