By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Haze delayed agian?

I am looking forward to this game. Hope they do a great job.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:
@ssj12

Dont count the game out yet, the reason they are dealying it is because they have hardcore gamers testing the game to see if its good, if they dont like it they have to fix it, and upgrade the graphics.

Id rather get it in september of 08 than march in order for it to be a AAA title on the ps3.

right.... the game will be crap... just like Hellgate London (there is a reason why IGN gave it a 6.8)

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 will be awesome though. =]  

Yeah, I thought you were trolling there for a second, but know it looks like you just have shitty taste in games.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

ssj12 said:
zzz.. who cares Haze is going to be garbage just like the dev team making it.

Tell me when White Knight Story, Killzone 2, and the other top games comes out.

zzzzzzzz....  Killzone 2 is from an unproven developer and is sequel to a crap game, WKS looks dangerously repetitive.

Tell me when GT5, FFXIII, and the other top games come out. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

LOL they state killzone is set to release in end of march? WTF

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

IGN had a test with the game playing a few levels and getting a feel for it. They thought it had great potential, but there were many small problems holding it back.

I hate it when people say this, but I'd rather have a game a few months later then one I won't play at all. Nobody ever says, "Yea, this game had problems, but at least we got it a bit earlier" after it's released.

Hopefully Haze turns out good and this delay benefited it.

Around the Network

ssj12,

u see bodhesatva and dabaus513 were serious

+1 for me

Time to Work !

starcraft said:
ssj12 said:
zzz.. who cares Haze is going to be garbage just like the dev team making it.

Tell me when White Knight Story, Killzone 2, and the other top games comes out.

zzzzzzzz.... Killzone 2 is from an unproven developer and is sequel to a crap game, WKS looks dangerously repetitive.

Tell me when GT5, FFXIII, and the other top games come out.

Actually the original Killzone wasn't bad, jsut an average run of the mill shooter

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wasn't that the problem?

tabsina said:
Wasn't that the problem?

There were four main problems with the first Killzone:

• Spotty AI (you shoot, and they don't respond...wtf?  This happened rarely, but it did happen)
  • practically non-existent physics (a grenade goes off at a guys feet, and he falls where he stands)
  • Graphical glitches galore (especially texture pop-in)
  • linear and repetitive campaign levels

Others have also pointed problems with framerate, but I never noticed any serious FPS drops.

On the whole, if Guerilla had just had a little more time to work with the game, many of it's annoying glitches would've been erased, resulting in a much better game. As it was, the game was originally being developed for PC, until Sony picked it up as 2nd party. As far as physics and AI are concerned, the demo of KZ2 that we've already seen shows that they have implented a very advanced physics enging into KZ 2, and Killzone: Liberation shows that Guerilla has gotten a handle on the AI.

Given the fact that GG is now 1st party Sony, has tripled in size (growing from 40 devs who worked on KZ and KZ:L to over 130 devs working on KZ2), and has been given an insanely huge budget to work with, I have high hopes for KZ2.  

This is waiting

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick