By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - China's One Child Policy is a great policy.

China's One Child Policy should be enforced and implemented as a universal law. The world's population is too high, depopulation and population control are needed. Resources are running out. Now resources can last longer if populations are reduced or controlled.

Hard line Green environmental policies could help achieve depopulation and control the world's human population. Humans are destructive and they destroy the environment in order to increase economic growth. Economic growth is built around exponentially human population growth consuming resources. Most of the resources are limited and once they are gone, that is it. 

What will happen when all the resources run out? Measures like China's One Child Policy help slow down the exponential human population growth. 

Around the Network

yay...i guessed it was you, just based off the thread title!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

A two child policy would suffice...

World population in 1960 was around 2 billion. World populations have grown by around 1 billion more every 10 years since 1960.

2010 the world population stands at 7 billion. 5 billion increase over the last 50 years. World population will be around 11 to 12 billion in 2050. 

Developing nations populations are increasing exponentially due to the lack of birth control, lack of government regulations, lack of education and religion based education does not accept birth control, contraception and abortions.. 

Bigger world human population corresponds to more environmental destruction. Rain forests are being cut down and facing extinction. Many plants and animals are becoming extinct due to human. 

Maybe it is time that a policy like China's radical One Child Policy is adopted and implemented by governments around the world. No discrimination based on differences that separate humans because they feel superior to someone else. One Child Policy should be implemented as a universal law. 

Focus on raising one child instead of two or more children. China's One Child Policy has been an overwhelming success. China has become the second largest economy behind the US.  China has seen a huge overall growth in economic prosperity of its nation. China has turned from an agriculture society into a technologically industrialised nation. 

numonex said:

World population in 1960 was around 2 billion. World populations have grown by around 1 billion more every 10 years since 1960.

2010 the world population stands at 7 billion. 5 billion increase over the last 50 years. World population will be around 11 to 12 billion in 2050. 

Developing nations populations are increasing exponentially due to the lack of birth control, lack of government regulations, lack of education because religion is still pushed. 

Bigger world human population corresponds to more environmental destruction. Rain forests are being cut down and facing extinction. Many plants and animals are becoming extinct due to human. 

Now maybe it is time that policy like China's radical One Child Policy is adopted and implemented by governments around the world. No discrimination based on differences that separate humans because they feel superior to someone else. One Child Policy should be implemented as a universal law. 

I don't agree with this. It's obvious that overpopulation is a problem that needs to be solved, but not with radical policies like this. It should be done in a persuasive/educational way, along with more investment in research and development of new sustainable technologies.

Personally, I think educational reforms around the globe (where they are needed) are the way to go.

If it was as simple as you put it, then it would be no problem.  

Around the Network

i have a better idea for keeping a population in check...

once the world becomes so populated...randomly choose a site (start spinning a globe and toss a dart at it) and then nuke that location a couple times.  if anyone complains they get nuked too. 

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

well Europe already have an cultural one child policy, same with japan. the rate Japan is at is that by 2100 there population will halve from what they have now. 

But i agree there are too much people and an one child policy will fail so an much more drastic solution would be depopulation by extreme radical War. Yet 1 massive war will reduce population around 2-3 billion people and resources consumed will drop around 50-80% because of the war and will last around 20-30 years and so the environments will recover in areas due to halt in resource consumption. 

Or the even more extreme and use biological weapons against countires that are poor and unsustainable. 

But by the time we all die off an our grand children are alive they are completely F***ed. if nothing drastic happens 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

While I believe that if mass death happens we should follow the George Stones, controlling people's decisions to have kids is wrong. I think we really need to aim towards creation of underwater, and space colonization.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

MrBubbles said:

once the world becomes so populated...randomly choose a site (start spinning a globe and toss a dart at it) and then nuke that location a couple times.  if anyone complains they get nuked too. 

God, is that you?

Galaki said:
MrBubbles said:

God, is that you?

well...to make sure its fair...i would be in charge of all the nukes...so yes.