By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Most popular games on the site (Very interesting)

hasanwhy said:
Ajescent said:
hasanwhy said:

COD MW3, really PS3 gamers? Not even announced and more popular than Resistance 3? Wow, I'm speechless. 

You're speechless, I'm flat out disappointed.

With a side of facepalm....a really disappointed facepalm. 

It's IGN.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

I'm pretty sure the 3DS will be a good system down the road, but the launch titles and the first few month of releases are pretty lackluster.  The only 3DS game with a firm release date that I'm somewhat interested in so far is Residesnt Evil: The Merchenaries.

Isn't that the same complaint with the DS's launch line up and look how that turned out. personnally for me its not the launch line up that interests me but all of the game that are going to be released latter in the 3DS's lifetime.

people you must remember that when you go onto an article it depends on section the article is in for that game. More than offen you will see alot of 3rd party titles in the 360 section. 

IGN has one of the worst communities anyways, all loaded down on graphical whores and fanboys epicdemic 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

yes, even if you want the ps3 version of a 3rd party game...often it will take you to the 360 page. 

Anyway, I barely use ign anymore and i hope others avoid that site too. 

cura said:

yes, even if you want the ps3 version of a 3rd party game...often it will take you to the 360 page. 

Anyway, I barely use ign anymore and i hope others avoid that site too. 

same i use Eurogamer, Less evident fanboyism but still evident corporate buying of reviews 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Ign still in business are they?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The thing this doesn't explain though, is that if they make an article on a game that is multiplatform then people will visit whatever platform they put it on initially. So it's not a perfect system to see the games people are interested in by platform.

I find it interesting that 80% of those game have the number 2 or 3 in the title.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Even with data-based articles, IGN still manages to be a complete douche. I hate that website so much :3

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:

Why does IGN act like they still have a big Nintendo following?

They really don't, if interest is anything to go by. On their hype system, you'd be hard-pressed to find one Wii/DS title at any given time in the top hype bracket anymore

Didn't we once find that their Nintendo page only generated like 3% of site traffic anyway? There's your answer

Edit: Oh, and it's a Hatfield. That explains a lot

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.