By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus exclusivity ... does it matter anymore ?

No non-Nintendo exclusive has made the kind of money that multi-platforms have. Not even close. There have been a lot of mediocre multiplatform games that have outsold MGS4, so I don't see how you can say it sold better as an exclusive.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
SinZinDetta said:

Kinda matters to me. I would buy it new if it goes to 360 however I would just rent it if it was PS3 exclusive.

I'm trying to understand the logic behind that... O_o

Me too... :|

Please do explain I'm intrigued

I don't care what platform or platforms it comes out on, as long as it comes out.

It still feels like vaporware unfortunately.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

CGI-Quality said:

To me it does (and usually it's for my overall reason), but in this case, it's just because I want to see what Square can do (as promised) with the hardware and Blu-ray drive in the PS3, exclusively. Can they match Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, & Santa Monica? I wanna see!

This, on this site you and I have the same reasons why we love exclusives, you just see the Hardwares true potential. Also in regards to MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles I honestly think exclusivity is what pushed those games to exceed expectations.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

2012 will see the launch of two games of my fav franchise....VSXIII and MGS:R

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

To be honest i dont care much if its exclusive or not. The thing that bothers me is pretty much wether square will keep to their word. I can understandn if they need to make it multi for good business but if they think there is a chance thats going to happen then they should have told us in i dont know the last 4 years!

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Well, I don't really care either way. I don't think Square can do anything special with the PS3 hardware....

I just hope they don't compromise anything for the DVD9, that's all. Because that would be foolish.

Yes because i don't want to wait for 2013 to play it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Exclusive games have the backing of fanboys (free marketing...lots of free marketing) and the technical edge in that their pushed more than multiplatform games.Exclusivity matters simply because the game will be known for it more than itself,I mean Haze is a terrible game but everyone knows it because it's exclusive to the PS3.

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

i don't care if it stays exclusive to the PS3, but i want it to be developed exclusive for that platform!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’