By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus exclusivity ... does it matter anymore ?

We already know what the game has to offer ( in case you didn't click here or here ), that includes huge areas , day-night cycle .. etc

Exclusives meant to fully utilize the hardware power , therefore, the further we go into the Gen the less relevant they become , developers have got their grasp on the consoles now , I'm impressed by what has been achived by multiplatforms lately , according to IGN Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console ever , it's their opinion  I know , but it also means that it's so close and the difference between the HD twins is insignificant

Sales wise , personally I believe MGS4 wouldn't have sold that good if it wasn't exclusive , the game has become a ps3 flagship which means much better legs , Versus has that potential too ,but we are too late into this gen now for it to do the same , remember Versus probably won't come out before 2013 in the west ( late 2012 at the earliest ), by that time the next gen of home consoles would have begun

what do you think ? , does it matter anymore ?

Around the Network

BTW, I'm really mad at SE ( who isn't ? ) Versus won't get what it deserves I'm certain . a 2010 release date would have done wonders for it and for the ps3 , now I suspect it'll get over 89 on meta and over 5M lifetime .

Anyways, I'll enjoy the masterpiece when it's out , nothing will change that :D

NO

to most people: no

to the fanboys: yes

CGI-Quality said:

To me it does (and usually it's for my overall reason), but in this case, it's just because I want to see what Squre can do (as promised) with the hardware and Blu-ray drive in the PS3, exclusively. Can they match Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, & Santa Monica? I want see!

This, i don't care if it gets ported to any other system as long as the PS3 version is the best it can be without concern for other cponsoles.

Around the Network

Yes it matters, its a huge seller in JP and will move hardware like XIII did. But I still think it won't come out until 2014 and the next gen should be out by then.

not really, the 360 is dead in Japan and FF13 on PS3 outsold the 360 version even in the west, so I don't see how it would affect console sales that much

If its using Blu ay to the full then yes but its never coming out.

After what we experienced with the only multiplat Final Fantasy and after Square-Enix comments about how much content was cut from XIII, IT REALLY DOES MATTER NOW.

But it is only my opinion. :D

Perhaps Versus XIII will be the first game with more tha one blu-ray disc. I am hoping for many CGs scenes and much more content than Final Fantasy XIII.

on the whole, exclusitivity doesnt much matter for games anymore.  the only way it matters is for the loyal fans who wont play any other console except for their precious brand.  to contradict myself though, if square wants to do well with this title, they need to remember how well the ff series did in the late 90s - early 2000s and return to that time.  square enix has butchered the ff series as of late and this is my last hope for them to restore it to its former glory.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost