By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Homefront sells 375k day one in NA

Good numbers, though it hardly compensates for the loss of stock. It's going to be a rough year for THQ.

Around the Network

A lot of these games are bought for trophies/ points purposes it seems, close to 400k was waiting to buy this game, that's just insane. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The commercials for this game were pretty dramatic and appealing. Made me want to fight for my freedom. Now I want to stockpile my house with rations and weapons to prepare for this incident.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
dsage01 said:

Outsold Killzone 3! Wow i am surprised!

I would have never expected that. It's the most surprising thing of the year but it will be second if UC3 outsells Gears 3. I will throw my pants off the window if that happens

Why are your pants on the window?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Its not that much because this is including PC, onlive pre-orders that made you get a free onlive console, 360 and PS3 sales.

On the 360 alone, it would have been amazing.

Around the Network

Can this game crack 1 Million WW combined for PS360 ? Now that would be suprising.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Although those sales are very good, they aren't good enough.

The game had a mighty budget and THQ's expectations are really high.

That's why great reviews were imperative.

I'm gonna go with SHIPPED. This game is already $42 on Amazon.com and Wal-Mart.com. You don't lower your price that low unless your game bombed, which I think it did. Maybe they shipped 1 million for the 360? *shrugs*

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:

I'm gonna go with SHIPPED. This game is already $42 on Amazon.com and Wal-Mart.com. You don't lower your price that low unless your game bombed, which I think it did. Maybe they shipped 1 million for the 360? *shrugs*

this game shipped 1.5m

It has definitely sold this much. I checked the leaderboards a few hours ago when my friend and I were about to play a match and he had only one kill online up to that point with him testing it out for a minute before going to bed. He was ranked 221,000 on the leaderboards. Now obviously some of these people pirated the game but there are a minimum of 221,000 that have  a copy for the 360. Not too bad of numbers. I can see this game possibly hitting the million mark on the 360 alone. The multiplayer is great and I think alot of people will want to try it out.

With that being said doesn't this show you that people really are getting tired of COD and want something fresh? A lot of people were cracking on this game because of the mediocre reviews but it still might hit a million on the 360 or more. People want something new to dethrone COD. Will Battlefield 3 do it?