By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More C|NEt fun!

ssj12 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I notice no mention of the 360, which has a much better lineup than PS3 and is cheaper to boot

Hooray for shameless product plugs!

hooray for opinions..

PC has the best line-up of all =D

I somewhat agree. I'm still pissed my PC doesn't have full backwords compatability. (Damn Vista! Why must you hate my favorite old PC games!)

Around the Network

I pre-ordered my Wii at Gamestop at launch! Hurray for me!!!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I notice no mention of the 360, which has a much better lineup than PS3 and is cheaper to boot

Not a plug just pointing out that 360 does have a stronger lineup, then PS3 and is cheaper, both things are the truth, personally neither comes close to the Wii, but if you can't have a Wii and need something, 360 is the better choice.

yeah but not everyone can afford a gaming rig

Even without a gaming rig... if you don't have Vista you could go to like... an Office Max and get a bunch of games that one game of the year new for 5-10 dollars a piece along with some other classics of old.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Not a plug just pointing out that 360 does have a stronger lineup, then PS3 and is cheaper, both things are the truth, personally neither comes close to the Wii, but if you can't have a Wii and need something, 360 is the better choice.

yeah but not everyone can afford a gaming rig

my desktop was $699... thats cheap... and can run quite a few games on medium/high 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

my desktop was $699... thats cheap... and can run quite a few games on medium/high

Is that the full setup--box, monitor, sound system...etc? Or is that just the box?

At any rate, a good deal of computer experience factors into a gaming rig. If you're smart, you can build a nice one without too much cost and simply upgrade parts later as the need arises. If you're not... you'll pay a lot more.

Around the Network
fagarcia75 said:
I pre-ordered my Wii at Gamestop at launch! Hurray for me!!!

Wiis were actually really easy to get for the first week or so.  Nintendo shipped a lot of them and relatively few people wanted them -- you could buy them from many stores the day after launch.

Then, suddenly, many people saw/wanted them.   

I tried quite a few times to get a Wii from Wal-Mart. (Hah!) I just ordered one online in a bundle pack and had it in 6 days.

I bought my gaming PC (With price of LCD+Surround Sound included) at $2,300 about 3 years ago. It still runs all the new games - though I am not sure about something like Crysis. Half-Life2 Ep.2 runs with no hiccups what-so-ever on the medium settings.