By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Retro Nickelodeon is coming back with NEW EPISODES!

http://thedailywh.at/2011/03/10/nostalgia-overload-of-the-day/

Nostalgia Overload of the Day

Nostalgia Overload of the Day: Remember that exciting bit of fakery about new episodes of classic NickToons that was making the rounds a few weeks back (see above)? Well, funnily enough, it may have played a decisive role in today’s announcement that TeenNick will soon begin rerunning many of your favorite Nick shows from years past.

Starting this fall, old episodes of Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, Pete & Pete, The Amanda Bynes Show, All That and Clarissa Explains It All will air during a special midnight-to-2 AM block called “The ’90s Are All That.” According to Inside TV, the network “came up with the idea after seeing the huge interest in early Nickelodeon programming on social media sites.”

“At the time, we were completely devoted to that audience ages 9, 10, and 11,” TeenNick GM Keith Dawkins told EW. ““It was ground-breaking and for the young viewers, a powerful and pivotal time in their lives. Those kids who are now 22, 23 and 24 want to bring that back.”

[insidetv.]

EDIT: If anyone didn't know, "Hey Arnold!" had its last episode ending with Arnold discovering where his parents were, which they were archeologists who got stranded in a jungle, and Arnold was going on a search for them. This was left as a cliff-hanger.

Around the Network

After such a long hiatus, will they be able to keep the magic of the old shows?

Rocko's Modern Life or gtfo :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I hated rocket power and I wish they would bring back some of their old non cartoon shows also ,Are you afraid of the dark was the best

Mr Khan said:

You will have to read the article's comments. Someone said that they pissed off Rocko's creator and sold the TV franchise to the guy who does SpongeBob...

Around the Network
taddypole said:

I hated rocket power and I wish they would bring back some of their old non cartoon shows also ,Are you afraid of the dark was the best

I didn't like Rocket Power that much, either. I did like the Wild Thornberries because I like animals and such. Maybe if they brought back Rocket Power, the characters would be teenagers at least by now or even parents

There's a possibility that Are You Afraid of the Dark? may come back with new episodes. A lot of those episodes DID scare the crap out of me when I was little (5 or 6 at the time).

Naraku_Diabolos said:
Mr Khan said:

You will have to read the article's comments. Someone said that they pissed off Rocko's creator and sold the TV franchise to the guy who does SpongeBob...

I know Jim Murray moved on to Cartoon Network, as Camp Lazlo was his work, but was unaware of that.

Actually a lot of people pitch to Nickelodeon only to move on to CN, despite CN's consistently lower ratings. Ed Edd n Eddy and Adventure Time were both supposed to be Nicktoons

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Holy crap that is cool. I just hope that new episodes wont lose the magic of the old shows.

*faints*

The old nickelodeon was the best children/cartoon channel ever to grace the face of TV..

Bring back Kablam! Fucking do it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive