By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Besides an absurd backstory, what does Homefront bring to the table?

mibuokami said:

Ah they actually said the game was pretty decent, but not worth the money if you're a fan of single player as the length is really short. This is kinda odd consider the effort they made in making and promoting the story. The multiplayer is a cod-clone with some added vehicle for spice, this is fun for a lot of people but I'm not a huge fan of the COD style gameplay... I much prefer the more tactical gameplay from battlefield.

In short while the game got a 7 IGN had almost nothing but praise for it. They only had 2 complaint.

> Single player was too short (but what was there was good!)

> Game's graphic is subpar when compare to their competition

my main guess is that  they want to start a franchise, people who have finished the game can tell me either way. I think that this is the main reason why they started such a deep storyline

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
zarx said:

didn't you get the memo in game reviews anything below a 7 is terrible...

my bad haha.

People expect too much these days. 6-7 is to some people considered a bad review... wtf?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
mibuokami said:

Ah they actually said the game was pretty decent, but not worth the money if you're a fan of single player as the length is really short. This is kinda odd consider the effort they made in making and promoting the story. The multiplayer is a cod-clone with some added vehicle for spice, this is fun for a lot of people but I'm not a huge fan of the COD style gameplay... I much prefer the more tactical gameplay from battlefield.

In short while the game got a 7 IGN had almost nothing but praise for it. They only had 2 complaint.

my main guess is that  they want to start a franchise, people who have finished the game can tell me either way. I think that this is the main reason why they started such a deep storyline

Oh yea, THQ was hoping for this to be up there with call of Duty and Battlefeild. But they should of pick what each one did and focus on something they haven't done for example call of duty started off with an easy to pick up single player and battlefeild was large scale vehicle online. they should of done is easy to pick up large scale vehicle online co-op (SP MP combination like Brink is doing). Then they can call them selves the combination of call of duty and battlefeild, but no they wanted to see if they could do this with the current FPS format and see if they could woo the hearts of americans with an "america invaded story" and instead of drawing attention to the already done stories slap north korea pigs can fly situation. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

I played an hour of the singleplayer last night and it was pretty damn rough to say the least :/

It looks bad, the controls are sluggish, there's questionable design choices throughout, the intro pulls a CoD MW moment at the start, and their cutscenes look like something out of Command & Conquer Red Alert, it does the live FMV with bland 3D environments around the person... Not to mention that it's graphics are subpar but it had a lot of pop in and was pushing the 360 so hard it was howling and making a lot of noise (poorly optimized) and there is no local multiplayer option. 

Oh and I was glitched where I couldn't move from this spot which was behind an open door with a little bit of trash around it, not only do I not know how I even got there, but when I was there I was just a sitting duck being shot at until I finally bunny hopped out of the glitch.

Based on my experience with the singleplayer I wouldn't reccomend this game to anyone really :-S

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

AussieGecko said:
mibuokami said:

Yea I heard they were gonna make it a franchise but come on! This game was advertise as a heavily story driven emotional expirience, and somehow I feel that if thats you're expectation coming into it, you're gonna be a bit dissapointed with a scripted 5 hour single player game. Kaos has clearly spent much more time with its multiplayer component as reviewers are universallty positive about it.