By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY still has more PS3 exclusives to announce.

If they keep this up, I'll soon need an entire warehouse to store my backlog of games...

Around the Network

My wallet hurts.

Euphoria14 said:

Sony’s PlayStation 3 has over 20 exclusives lined up for 2011. However, now, the company has said they have more to announce. 

Sony’s first-party developers have developed some of the finest games of this generation from the likes of Uncharted 2, God of War III, Heavy Rain and many more. And let’s not forget the stellar line-up the company has for the PlayStation 3this year such as the already-released LittleBigPlanet 2 as well as Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, SOCOM 4 and many,  many more.

Now, though, Sony Santa Monica’s John Hight stated that the company still have more titles to announce for the platform. He said “First off, we are working on new products that I can’t talk too much about what that’s going to be”.

http://vghq.net/2011/03/09/sony-still-has-more-ps3-exclusives-to-announce/

These guys just don't seem to know when to take a break. O_o

Well I sure hope so because, seeing how sales have been behaving this past few months, anybody would be hard pressed to find the numbers the last PS3 exclusives sold encouraging; the same great exclusives that were to pave the way for SON¥'s global domination on the console wars for the current year.  If the games released so far on the PS3 are in any way a harbringer of whats to come, M$ might not need exclusives to have a better 2011. IMHO, M$ is saving their big weapons for when the other manufacturers are bussy reinventing themselves or engaging damage control. Then they'll release the hounds!

cloud1161 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Sony’s PlayStation 3 has over 20 exclusives lined up for 2011. However, now, the company has said they have more to announce. 

Sony’s first-party developers have developed some of the finest games of this generation from the likes of Uncharted 2, God of War III, Heavy Rain and many more. And let’s not forget the stellar line-up the company has for the PlayStation 3this year such as the already-released LittleBigPlanet 2 as well as Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, SOCOM 4 and many,  many more.

Now, though, Sony Santa Monica’s John Hight stated that the company still have more titles to announce for the platform. He said “First off, we are working on new products that I can’t talk too much about what that’s going to be”.

http://vghq.net/2011/03/09/sony-still-has-more-ps3-exclusives-to-announce/

These guys just don't seem to know when to take a break. O_o

i didnt realize resistance 3, uncharted 3, and socom 4 were released already...

it's pretty obvious in that excerpt, that "already-released" only refers to LBP2

Doesn't say anything about PS3 exclusives, it probably all NGP.

Around the Network
mendozahotness said:

Probably not

mendozahotness said:

And NGP has its own studios, so its probably all PS3.

Wow but i think there for next year. 

cause it would'nt be smart to put more in this years line up with there own exlusives the multi console ones 

i think that most of them will be for Playstation move my self 

See?  I KNEW this would happen!  Too many good games and now people are cursing Sony.  I tried to warn 'em. 

From what we know.

Sony Santa Monica is developing a new IP

Guerilla Games is developing a new IP

Three game contract with Quantic Dreams (I think?)

Ape Escape 4

Something from Team Silent (those guys can't be just being paid to just twiddle their thumbs)

Medievil from Cambridge has been rumoured for a while and the podcast press have been mentioning or implying that something is going on with that game. It could also have been cancelled.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752