By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mini reviews of games that reviewers told you to avoid ( they are wrong)

NYANKS said:
mrstickball said:
NYANKS said:

Thanks for this! Can you expound on Nier, Sarcred, and Eternal Sonata?

I own all 3 so I can comment a little.

Nier is like a Devil May Cry/Legend of Zelda RPG hybrid with a pretty interesting story. I still have to finish it, but I picked it up for $20, which was a steal. It isn't the best game made, but it is pretty darn good for an Action-RPG. It starts out under a pretty interesting real-world premise, then puts you in a pretty engrossing world.

Sacred 2 is a rogue-like RPG. That is, you start out as one character (co-op is available, too), and go around doing quests, getting loot, and leveling up. Graphics aren't fancy, but if you like RPGs with a bit of customization and massive worlds, Sacred 2 is freaking huge. I dropped about 40 hours into my first character, and hadn't even obtained the "Reveal 30% of the Map" achievement. The game is 100 hours if you run through most of it and 200 if you want to explore.

I kind of disagree about Eternal Sonata. The graphics are fantastic, but it gets kind of repetitive. I'd rather get the game that uses the same engine, but is vastly superior - Tales of Vesperia.

So Nier is the best ofthe lot?  Sacred sounds cool too though, off to youtube for gameplay vids I suppose lol! Thanks!

I'd say they are both equal in their own rights. Sacred is more polished, but can be a little more bland if you aren't a huge fan of the gameplay. Nier is more dynamic with a better story, but less polished (I dislike the camera angles quite a bit).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

The gameplay in Eternal Sonata is suprisingly deep and very fun. The interaction with light and shadow bringed a good amount of strategy.

I agree though that Violin was extremely overpowered lol