By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings - Hype express train

Could an Bioware employee be trying to sabotage the witcher 2's user review score on metacritic? 

So far all witcher 2 user reviews on metacritic have been positive exept one 

"CD Project releases another misogynistic jaunt into the Mary Sue world of 'the witcher.' There is hardly anything of substance to recommend this train wreck to a discerning connoisseur of RPGs. Every element of its design can be described as 'embarassingly awkward.' Animation, art direction, dialogue, writing, combat. It's a list of sad mediocrities as long as your arm. The fact of the setting and characters being a shameless copy of Michael **** classic Elric of Melniboné series aside, the game itself behaves like a confused child. Does it want to be a brawler with peripheral RPG elements? Or an action RPG with brawler combat? In either situation the designers have failed to deliver on both satisfying combat or a compelling story that ever rises above the juvenile. Look to the masters at BioWare with their latest RPG epic, Dragon Age 2, for inspiration in your future games, CD Project. You certainly won't find it making shallow sex simulators based on plagiarized fantasy novels" score 0/10 

the user has two other user reviews both for dragon age 2 and both 10/10 

http://www.metacritic.com/user/M_Stannard

Could this be a new low after the DA2 user review scandle of bioware employees giving their own game positive review? Or just an fan boy who got pissed off over constant comments of "at least the witcher 2 will wash the taste of DA2 out of my mouth"?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

^^

It looks like envious pricks hate The Witcher 2 as much as they did with GT5, this could be both a good omen for success and a good sign of the game's quality if it provokes such a livid envy and hatred.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

^^

It looks like envious pricks hate The Witcher 2 as much as they did with GT5, this could be both a good omen for success and a good sign of the game's quality if it provokes such a livid envy and hatred.   

I like it how he claims that the main character setting is ripped off of Elric of Melniboné when they are both bassed on the finnish folk tale of Kullervo, not to mention the number of characters, creatures and settings in dragon age that are ripped from Tolkien and other fantasy stories...

Well according to this site http://www.thegx.co/news/1270/bioware-employee-reviews-witcher-ii/ it is one of the confirmed bioware people, trully a sad day for the gaming industry and especially bioware when developers stoop this low, I think I just lost my respect for Bioware...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

^^

1. I like it how he claims that the main character setting is ripped off of Elric of Melniboné when they are both bassed on the finnish folk tale of Kullervo, not to mention the number of characters, creatures and settings in dragon age that are ripped from Tolkien and other fantasy stories...

2. Well according to this site http://www.thegx.co/news/1270/bioware-employee-reviews-witcher-ii/ it is one of the confirmed bioware people, trully a sad day for the gaming industry and especially bioware when developers stoop this low, I think I just lost my respect for Bioware...

1. And actually, it's instead quite refreshing compared to the usual sticking to German, Scandinavian, Celtic, Roman, Greek and Tolkien revisited mythology as it's usual in Western fantasy.

2. Oh my, they dropped down to the level of Microsoft's "Get the Facts" swindling campaign against Linux...  :-S   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Th2 Witcher 2 just got here!

Casing is awesome.

Around the Network

WHERE is the official thread ? you know the thread where u can check all the review etc ...

Time to Work !

Just got the collectors edition and i can say its worth the money as you get alot of free stuff. Anyways the game is visual masterpiece on the max settings. Unfortunately my piece can't run that very well. Even that the game on high and 1680 *1050 is still a beautiful game. I have the lates series intel i5 2300k series 2.9ghz , 8 gb ddr3 1333mhz ram, gtx 460 overclocked version and gigabyte  p67A -UD3- b3 motherboard and 750 power supply .That apparently is not enough to play on ultra at that resolution lol.

The reviews are not  out yet hence why there isn't any thread for it . Wagram --- which version did you end up getting?

dane007 said:

Just got the collectors edition and i can say its worth the money as you get alot of free stuff. Anyways the game is visual masterpiece on the max settings. Unfortunately my piece can't run that very well. Even that the game on high and 1680 *1050 is still a beautiful game. I have the lates series intel i5 2300k series 2.9ghz , 8 gb ddr3 1333mhz ram, gtx 460 overclocked version and gigabyte  p67A -UD3- b3 motherboard and 750 power supply .That apparently is not enough to play on ultra at that resolution lol.

With a 460 and a 1680x1050 res and you can't max it?! Damm.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

libellule said:

WHERE is the official thread ? you know the thread where u can check all the review etc ...

Not a very deep analysis (performance, graphical setting, etc.) but :

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/05/17/the-witcher-2-review/1

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.