By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Dragon Quest IX first day & first week sales in Japan

when is it coming out?

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Seeing that the remake sold what 600k on open, I would say that it will sell 1.8 million first week, 3x that of the remake. It is open on the Largest user base in Japanese history(DS is passing PS2 next week) and will have a decent price of 34.99 or 39.99. I really don't see huge legs, maybe 300k second week then 150 and so on... might sell 4 million LTD. Maybe this one will catch on in US and in Europe and sell 8mil WW.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

2.3 million first week sales I would bet. I could see as high as 2.5, but I am trying to be conservative. From that I would guess around a 1-1.25 million first day sales since most games seem to do half their first week first day.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

1.5M first day, 2.5M first week...

+/- 750K, heh.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Hmmmm

Tough. But I'll go high on this

3 MILLION
3,053,210 Copies to be exact

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Around the Network

LOL, can't wait till closer to release date?

The Japanese first week sales alone won't beat the the first week sales of Halo.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Day one: 1.2M-1.5M
First week: 2.1M

My Mains in Brawl

I figure it will do about 800k first day sales and max out around 1.4 million for first week sales. Depending on the day it comes out though.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Is 700k first day 2M first week too much? Well if I'm over oh-well.