By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - judge is giving sony ips from youtube, twitter and geohotz website

Justice is going hackers overkill way.  Like that!

Around the Network

Buahahahhaha AWESOME NEWS!

now SL team beat the Aussy and make my night even better please

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

SpartenOmega117 said:

wtf???? I visited geohots website just to sell what al the hubbub was about. Hope i dont get banned

You are in trouble!!!! :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

tensen1212 said:

So does this mean that Sony is winning this case and Geohot is loosing it?

This is about proving that they have a case and that they have it in California's jurisdiction.

"...Hotz is accused of breaching the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other laws after he published an encryption key and software tools on his website..."

So no it doesnt cause a bad precedent for people who wants to hack the stuff they legaly own.

Around the Network

Wait a minute.....the judges ruled this out didn't they? I know this, they ruled this out! How did they allow it again?

Damn.

lol

fuck it, america land of the free.

Land of bullshit corporate wank if you ask me.

I thought even Xen would look at this as a bad thing but no, here you are supporting a violation of people's privacy. Good work, keep it up :)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
M.U.G.E.N said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

wtf???? I visited geohots website just to sell what al the hubbub was about. Hope i dont get banned

You are in trouble!!!! :P

nice!! :)

Xen said:
IamAwsome said:
Xen said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Nah, that's be severe overkill. Besides, Sony does not ban by IP since they are usually not static. Sony bans by console ID.

So you are saying that if I go on it on my PS3, they will ban my PS3? THAT is too harsh.

It doesn't work like that. You have to be caught with some sorta homebrew running on your console to get banned.

I'm note sure how it would work myself, but im guessing your ip adress from the internet on your pc may match up aswell as your conection to PSN? so maybe they could check those specific ips to see if they are running the correct firmware on there ps3, that is just a complete guess,