By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo holding back software!

While I hated the drought on Gamecube I was happy they pushed a lot of games (SPM, FE, DK, Zelda, etc.) over to Wii to ensure a continual stream of games and as long as they release 1-2 good to great games a month I'm happy with that. Especially since they don't have Sony's problem of needing to spur demand, they can really polish them and make each one a gem.
SSBB sucked getting delayed, but it wouldn't make sense to drop that in December creating a spurt of additional demand for a system that is already sold out. And it's great to get great games in periods were we normal get nothing.

As while it sucks somewhat waiting longer and not knowing what's coming up more than 4-5 months in advance, this is all in all a great situation for both Nintendo and Nintendo fans to be in.

Games I hope come in '08

KIRBY!!!! A real Kirby game. GC got jibbed.
DKC - When was the last DK Country game? N64?
Animal Crossing MMO
Pikmen
Wii Sports 2
Mario Golf
Star Fox wifi (back to his roots! In the Arwing) - A 'Warhawk killer'
Pokemon MMO (09)
& a couple of new IPs

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

Last year I noticed something big. Nintendo usually reveals about 10-12 new games at E3 each year for their home consoles. However at E3 2007 Nintendo only unvieled two new titles and announced many other titles were being delayed till 2009. I was alittle curious and thought to myself that Nintendo has to be holding back.

Well Reggie himself said "We at Nintendo America are focused on getting to the point when any consumer can walk into any of our retailers and find a Wii. Then we can plan, on an ongoing basis, the rest of the business," and Gamesindustry.biz said in the same article "The company said it is finding it difficult to plan for upcoming games without being able to accurately forecast the number of Wiis that will be sold in the coming months."

It sure sounds like Nintendo is putting its software catalogues on hold to wait untill they meet the hardware demands or hardware sales begin to dip. So with the 10 or so un-revealed games Nintendo didn't unviel at E3 2007 what can we expect for E3 2008?

Will Nintendo be ready to reveal the titles they have been holding back and release the games they have been holding onto. Or will Nintendo continue to build up the amount of titles it is reserving for when they meet hardware demands?

Also I'm a little disapointed because Nintendo has always put software first and hardware second. But now Nintendo is putting the rest of its buisness sort of on hold untill it can bring up the hardware numbers. A little disapointing though it is the smart thing to do. Whats your take on Nintendo concentrating on hardware for the time being? 

My own opinion on the matter is that since E3 shrunk the scope of the event after 2006 , it was not a "big enough" medium for them to talk about upcomming titles, that is why the number was decreased, a smaller E3 and a smaller release of info (with info being released in other ways instead)

stop buying Wii's people that way we'll get games earlier!!! w00t!

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L