By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the Wii's Sales for this Week!

leo-j said:
I wonder how, if ninty i smaking about 2M a month, How will they sell 1.3 M i n one week? It doesnt make sense.

There are ways you could do this ...

Nintendo prefers inexpensive ocean freight rather than the much more expensive air freight. This means that it takes multiple weeks to ship a Wii to North America in order to ship it. Now, if after Nintendo completed their shipments for 2007 they started shipping their 2008 shipments by air there (could) be a 1 or 2 week overlap where Nintendo had double shipments. Unfotunately, in order to have any shipments in the begining of 2008 they would have to continue with Air shipments (at least partially) for a couple of weeks.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I wonder how, if ninty i smaking about 2M a month, How will they sell 1.3 M i n one week? It doesnt make sense.

Well because I'm tired of explaining it then you must find out for yourself.  Go back to WW sales and for each month starting with August, find out how many Wiis have been sold.  Then for that montly data subtract if from 1.8 million.  You'll soon find out that yes either Nintendo or retailers have been stockpiling.  

Read the thread http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=12532

I was disscussing this in great detail, I believe Nintendo was diverting Wii from Japan during November which explains their low sales there at that time and how there would be more here. Now Japan is selling systems that would be shipped to USA. So the Wii will be sparce in Jan. 150k a Week MAX in Jan.

Read the thread though, start at the bottom to skip the part where the tread stayed on track. : )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Well seeing as how my boy Reggie Fils-Aime has been self-producing Wii's in his backyard and keeping it a secret from everyone, I predict at LEAST 1.8 billion Wii's sold this week. Quote me on it.

1.65 Mil world wide

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

Crash I like your prediction : )

we must think alike ; p

psn- tokila

I dunno why but I still think that Nintendo can move more than 2mil this week. Maybe I'm a little biased due to the retail stores in my area getting SOOO many, it may not be that way for every other area.

Its not what people say that is offensive, it is how we react to it that determines offense or not- REBT theory of Albert Ellis.

Competing in online FPS since 1999.

Currently own a supreme gaming PC playing CoD4

Currently own a Wii with Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Trauma Center: New Blood, Wii play, Mario Strikers Charged, and Wii sports. Looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Http://www.onlinebrawlcommunity.com    Online Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Series!  Feel free to sign up and chat with fellow smashers using our forums.  Casual competitions (i.e. HomeRun Contest) to come soon!

1.28 Million stamp this post, then double stamp.

^ is that WW or NA

psn- tokila

US - 800k
Europe - 350k
Japan - 150k

1.3mil worldwide.. that seems like way too much.. but it is all based on US getting as many wiis as ioi claimed by tuesday