By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 3 Will 'Still Look Good On Consoles'

Nowgamer

DICE Art Director Gustav Tilleby has said that upcoming military shooter Battlefield 3 will have ground-breaking visuals on consoles as well as PC.

Battlefield 3 was detailed to the developer community - and the press - at EA's GDC event yesterday.

Tilleby told X360 magazine that DICE's Frostbite 2.0 engine which powers the game is “a step beyond our competitors, and it allows us to do more”.

And while the stunning looking Battlefield 3 trailers doing the rounds are clearly rendered on high-end gaming PCs, consoles won't look that different. “The positive thing is that the new rendering technique allows us to do more complex calculations at no extra cost," added Tilleby. "That’s the magic. The game will look very good, even on 360.”

“We knew that people would think that this demo was running on PC, but the good thing is that it’s all based on streaming,” added executive producer Patrick Bach. "I can promise you that the console versions will still look amazing because of the core technology. If you have a 360, we want to use that machine to the maximum.”

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/5260/battlefield-3-will-still-look-good-on-consoles

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

“We knew that people would think that this demo was running on PC, but the good thing is that it’s all based on streaming,”  

Based on streaming? what's that?

It looked incrdeible on the still screens but in motion it's actually not that impressivr. But still the best looking shotter to date.

pezus said:
Nsanity said:

Nowgamer

DICE Art Director Gustav Tilleby has said that upcoming military shooter Battlefield 3 will have ground-breaking visuals on consoles as well as PC.

Battlefield 3 was detailed to the developer community - and the press - at EA's GDC event yesterday.

Tilleby told X360 magazine that DICE's Frostbite 2.0 engine which powers the game is “a step beyond our competitors, and it allows us to do more”.

And while the stunning looking Battlefield 3 trailers doing the rounds are clearly rendered on high-end gaming PCs, consoles won't look that different. “The positive thing is that the new rendering technique allows us to do more complex calculations at no extra cost," added Tilleby. "That’s the magic. The game will look very good, even on 360.”

“We knew that people would think that this demo was running on PC, but the good thing is that it’s all based on streaming,” added executive producer Patrick Bach. "I can promise you that the console versions will still look amazing because of the core technology. If you have a 360, we want to use that machine to the maximum.”

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/5260/battlefield-3-will-still-look-good-on-consoles

Why no mention of the PS3? PC will look far better than the console versions anyway, despite what they say.

Well hey did say consoles so i assume he was talking about PS3 and 360.

He was talking to a 360 centric magazine, thus only mentions 360 by name. However, he clearly was refering to consoles in general terms, so both systems.

Regardless, if you have a decent PC, this game should be played there. That's what I have it preordered for, not my PS3.

Slimebeast said:
Nsanity said:

“We knew that people would think that this demo was running on PC, but the good thing is that it’s all based on streaming,”  

Based on streaming? what's that?

It looked incrdeible on the still screens but in motion it's actually not that impressivr. But still the best looking shotter to date.

uhh contradiction much. how can something not look impressive yet be the best looking shooter to date.

Around the Network

i would assume he mentioned only xbox because its the weakest of the 3, notice the word EVEN, its a sneak attack, which means he thinks the 360 is weaksauce

cr00mz said:

i would assume he mentioned only xbox because its the weakest of the 3, notice the word EVEN, its a sneak attack, which means he thinks the 360 is weaksauce

Gears of War 3 begs to differ. Look at footage of that game before you make stupid assumptions.

He only mentions Xbox because he is talking Xbox magazine.

tuscaniman said:
cr00mz said:

Gears of War 3 begs to differ. Look at footage of that game before you make stupid assumptions.

He only mentions Xbox because he is talking Xbox magazine.

someone above mentioned why Gustav only mentioned xbox 360, that was my theory. No need to get all girly and start crying

cr00mz said:

I do hope, for the sake of humanity that you're joking, otherwise reading interpreation and common sense seems to be going down the drain.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.