By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 on course for 9M by the end of the year.

So the PS3 will likely be around 9.25M by the week ending 4/5th of January. The only person I can remember predicting 9M+ was mitsuhide. So well done to him. 

I think we have to hand it to Sony for turning this around. At one point it looked like it might sell under 7M. So who here is willing to admit they underestimated the PS3 this christmas?

It is now clear that the PS3 will easily overtake the 360 in sales next christmas. The Playstation brand is so strong it kept up with the 360 this christmas with only one (R&C) big game from the PS2.  

Around the Network

Very long ago, I was estimating 6.5 million, but that was in the condition of no price cuts. I don't think anyone could predict their crazy price cuts!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sony loves their price cuts. After one year in Europe the price went from £300 to £200, even though it was selling extremely well. 

Edit: PS2 I mean. 

Everyone called me crazy at the time but i knew it would happen.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

well done sir. A true visionary:P

Around the Network

Plus the PS3 is also likely to have above 20% market share by the end of the year.

I will use just the next two weeks, and guess they will sell 1 million (just over) by the 29th.

So i doubt it will make 9 million, though it will be close [when you add 2 days sales after 29th]

I will admit i underestimated Sony, but i did so for all 3 with predictions of 18mil, 15mil and 8 mil. [Ninty/MS/Sony]
I think i made that prediction back in July.

As for surpassing 360 LTD next year, i doubt it.... I do believe PS3 will pass 360 but not till 2009. Well done mitsuhide btw, looks like it will be incredibly close to 9 mil

Why thank-you, although my X360 prediction went bust... but my Wii and PS3 predictions are on course :D

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I still don't think they will hit 9millon.

tombi123 said:

So the PS3 will likely be around 9.25M by the week ending 4/5th of January. The only person I can remember predicting 9M+ was misthude or something can't remember his name. So well done to him.
I think we have to hand it to Sony for turning this around. At one point it looked like it might sell under 7M. So who here is willing to admit they underestimated the PS3 this christmas?
It is now clear that the PS3 will easily overtake the 360 in sales next christmas. The Playstation brand is so strong it kept up with the 360 this christmas with only one (R&C) big game from the PS2.

My estimate was "No more than 8 millions by the end of the year"  after the first price cut and the introduction of the 80GB model...

After the second price cut and the introduction of the 40GB model, my prediction was no more than 9 millions, but I like to keep the first one...

Now looks like the result is going to be between both of them...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."