By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LG gets injunction against PS3 sales in Europe!?

Some of you are so desperate for Sony to suffer it is as if the company is personally responsible for some ill doing on your part, akind to murder of a relative. I could never hate..or to be honest, love a company to such extremes...to any extremes for that matter.

I don't pretend to know the eventual outcome but I know the people in charge are a lot more intelligent and experience in these particular matters than most of us.

Therefore I am willing to bet this is resolved (because it benefits both parties, regardless of the wild speculation going on around here) between the two comapnies.

Some of you seem to think this is a foregone conclusion, wake up.

LG is playing a taking a serious gamble here, let's not forget, and if it backfires as a well-read member pointed out, it could be the end of LG and Sony collecting the compensation. The stakes are far too high for this not be resolved out of court or otherwise.

Edit: Not the end of LG literally, but as an analyst pointed out, they will have to pay Sony an astonishing amount of money.

Around the Network

LG Station

Ok, i dont know jack shti about pattents or any of that stuff, but if LG wins what happens?, Sony wont be able to sell PS3's ever again? or is taht even possible?

hehey said:

Ok, i dont know jack shti about pattents or any of that stuff, but if LG wins what happens?, Sony wont be able to sell PS3's ever again? or is taht even possible?

sony has to pay royalties for every ps3 sold or a defined amount one time.

siphillis said:
hehey said:

sony has to pay royalties for every ps3 sold or a defined amount one time.

but they can still make and sell them?

Around the Network

...can Sony even afford to pay royalties for 50 million PS3?

Alby_da_Wolf said:

That IE is banned in EU is a joke because it was never banned. Forcing MS to make a version of Windows without it besides all those including it, and to offer the user the choice of the default browser at installation time or when using the PC with Windows preinstalled for the first time isn't banning, it's only MS' FUD that likes to define it so. And the undeniable demonstration, if it was ever needed, is that IE is still around here, it just lost a lot of market share now that the same effort is needed to get it or its competitors.

Edit: this said, I agree that Sony suing everybody and his dog was just looking for what happened...

gah specifics I knew you were gonna pull me up for that. Yes I know what happened in Europe, it made it so that a program a company owns is not aloud to have companies own software on it by default... is this correct?

Hence why it is a joke. If it is something as little as a browser then it shouldnt have happened. I hope Chrome, Linux, Apple etc have to do the same thing otherwise utter crap. 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

hehey said:

but they can still make and sell them?

yes they can still make them but the money they make from them and all previous would have to be added up. A lot of companies would have trouble with that amount of money.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

hehey said:

maybe lg want to have responsiblities for the losses on r&d

hehey said:

Maybe not SCE but Sony itself is a huge company

Sig thanks to Saber! :D