By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all the FPS hate?

oldschoolfool said:
VXIII said:

I'm getting alot of attention , that's not good considering my english and all XD

without quoting every one on his own, I pretty much said everything , and as I said Physics/animations are important factor in the story telling , when you control only a hand and a gun it's just isn't the same even thought they started to add long cutscences which is good .

btw , Portal is one of my favourite games of all time.

No the story telling is the most important factor in story telling. 

I totally agree with that though <_<

Around the Network

I'd say its because its popular and people LOVE to hate on popular things.

Partly cause it's popular, and partly because what's really popular will tend to not allow much limelight for other genres that may be producing great stuff.

Because there all the same!

digitalnasties said:

Because there all the same

I take it you did'nt read my post. I could make that arguement about pretty much any genre of gaming. 

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
digitalnasties said:

I take it you did'nt read my post. I could make that arguement about pretty much any genre of gaming. 

Most genre's show some kind of innovation, where as FPS show none.

digitalnasties said:
oldschoolfool said:
digitalnasties said:

Again,take the time to read my post if you want to see my arguement. 

The problem with fps is that they are so damn successful they are creeping in on other games. Normally i wouldn't care except fps are geared towards the casual market. So now with the studios wanting to sell to more casuals the have been killing some othe genres by dumbing down any menu trees, moving towards simplistic controls, shorting the single player to focus on multiplayer and making the games very linear. Mass effect 2 is a prime example of this. Fps fans absolutly love the game. To rpg fans who love exploring and tweeking menus this was a major step back from the first mass effect.

digitalnasties said:
oldschoolfool said:
digitalnasties said:

you have no clue thats for sure... give us examples from genres you like and the super great innovations in this genre from year to year. like op said rpgs are mostly the same, sportsgames are the same and they all just get some adjustments from time to time but thats the same with fps.

play games like goldeneye or medal of honor frontline and tell us fps didn't evolve. if i see jrpgs from ten years ago and from nowadays i really don't see more innoivation than in fps ten years ago to now. or whatever a genre you want.

Popular and repetitive. Anything or anyone that gets popular gets hated on. 

I persoanlly don't hate FPS,but, they do get boring after awhile.