By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles underperform in sales :-(

$35 dollars?

Add one more to the count.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

It's great to see this game doing well. Hopefully we'll see the Gun Survivor Series and Outbreak Files released on the Wii (Outbreak Files at least, I love those games, such masterpieces)

One that would make me laugh is if we got a Resident Evil game where you play the zombie...

takkxyz said:

Edit: Scratch that, it appears that Capcom raised its MSRP to $50 after release at $30... Wish I bought one when it was released...

You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Half a million in 5 weeks? I think that's pretty good. It's going to beat Capcom's expectations as well.

Not to mention we've only seen holiday sales so far, so we don't really know what kinda legs it'll have. Could surprise us.

Around the Network

Not to mention that's sold. It's probably well around 700k-750k in shipments, as a big brandname title like that, would be more welcomed to be put in stores in masses. Not to mention it is holiday season. I mean this title will go platinum easily, for shipments of course.

The holidays may be the peak of the sales we see Zucas, I don't see this game really making a million anytime soon.

plzdontbanme said:
takkxyz said:

Edit: Scratch that, it appears that Capcom raised its MSRP to $50 after release at $30... Wish I bought one when it was released...

You haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Haha... my bad, I must confused it with another game. But gimme a break, I just played portal again that day, and my brain was registering the ceiling as my left and floor as my right.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Onimusha12 said:
The holidays may be the peak of the sales we see Zucas, I don't see this game really making a million anytime soon.

The title needs to only sell 250k-300k more.  Then shipment numbers will put it over.  This upcoming week's sales data it'll probably at least sell 100k worldwide.  Now it's just got to do another 150k-200k in non holiday season which seems achievable.  I really don't think it should have any problem doing this. 

LG[Infinite] said:
One that would make me laugh is if we got a Resident Evil game where you play the zombie...

Get a 360 or a decent computer. Then get Left 4 Dead when it comes out. Not quite RE. But it is playing as a zombie.