By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
hunter_alien said:
Onimusha12 said:
hunter_alien said:
Onimusha12 said:
People also seem to forget that the PS3 is being bought in many cases as a Blu-Ray player which is a sale made more commonly during holidays. The 360 will most likely also have stronger legs than the PS3 due to its game library's appeal as well.

Right now the PS3's only hope is Europe and Japan.

Im so sorry for the PS3 ... he has a lead in only 2 from the 3 major markets , over the 360 ( sarcasm ) .

And when the holidays end and the Ps3 goes back to third place will you and all the other Sony lovers go back into hiding again?

I was never hiding ... and even if the PS3 will be 3rd for a couple of month , the difference that was this year will be far left behind ... what will you do when the 360 start declining ... let me guess , move to XBL forever ?

LOL
ive never been in hiding...ever since launch all my friends have been laughing at me
now all but 5 own one (sony should pay me!!!)

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Smashchu said:

Look, yopu don't dominate when you just barely managed to get an extra 2%. It's the holiday serason, but Sony fanboys forget that and call it a glorious victory, and here we have the Wii and DS still dominating. Sonyfans need to STFU at this point becuase it's at the point of just shear stupidity and lack for any knowledge. It's not uncanny that a system would got up about a million or two during the holiday season and after a price cut. And the 360 and Wii haen't had a huge price drop yet, so the ball is still in their court.

To all Sony fans: Please stop making these topics.

I think these topics are getting old too, but you're free to just not read them. If it really bothers you so much, perhaps you should skip the Sony forum when posting. If you disagree with someone's beliefs or opinions, do so in a civil manner without attacking the individual. VG Chartz will be a better place for it.

True, but it's annoying that a lot of members areclaiming the PS3 as a victory for increased Holiday sales. I do see your point, but I feel that members of a sales site need to at least keep these factors in mind, epsecially as this is not the first one we've had.

Smashchu said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Smashchu said:

Look, yopu don't dominate when you just barely managed to get an extra 2%. It's the holiday serason, but Sony fanboys forget that and call it a glorious victory, and here we have the Wii and DS still dominating. Sonyfans need to STFU at this point becuase it's at the point of just shear stupidity and lack for any knowledge. It's not uncanny that a system would got up about a million or two during the holiday season and after a price cut. And the 360 and Wii haen't had a huge price drop yet, so the ball is still in their court.

To all Sony fans: Please stop making these topics.

I think these topics are getting old too, but you're free to just not read them. If it really bothers you so much, perhaps you should skip the Sony forum when posting. If you disagree with someone's beliefs or opinions, do so in a civil manner without attacking the individual. VG Chartz will be a better place for it.

True, but it's annoying that a lot of members areclaiming the PS3 as a victory for increased Holiday sales. I do see your point, but I feel that members of a sales site need to at least keep these factors in mind, epsecially as this is not the first one we've had.

True story.  Holidays come, sales go up, people are shocked.  Guaranteed.

Despite that, most people know the sky isn't falling even if a few people think it is.

It's good to see all the consoles doing well,
PS3 is now outselling 360 in europe (germany will be PS3 dominant shortly, France allready ) and japan ( allreay ps3 ) and starting to get recognition in the US. In US it was earlier being sold at under half the rate of the 360 it's now worked up to around 2/3 of the 360 sell rate , expect this to reach over 1:1 in 2008 (it's better value for money i am supprised anyone would touch 360) and who knows about 2009. Expect cheaper PS3 sales will begin to cut into Wii's dominance in mid 2008 , the differences in total sales figures for 2007 is no predictor at all for 2008.
Not many Wii owners would ever go back to a console without motion so PS3 is their HD upgrade path till nintendo bring out a new next-gen console, or MS add a motion controller for the Xbox.
And Yes as expected the PS3 has reached over 50% of 360 sales now so looking good.

Note the Folding distribuited supercomputer had cracked 1000 Tflops with 41000 active PS3's alone.

PS3 number 1 fan

Its gonna take a while before the PS3 gets a balance back in the States, just wandering through these forums I can see how many people from the US spit on the PS3 and ridicule it. They still feel it ain't got games lol.

I won't happen untill at least MGS4 comes about. Even without the US support of the game it will do great elsewhere. I can imagine the hardcore US gamers majority (consisting of 360 & Wii gamers) just not buying MGS4 in protest of the PS3, to keep pushing the multi-platform position cause they so badly want it.

I think Devil May cry 4 gave them a littttttle too much hope on that front.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network
rukusa said:
Its gonna take a while before the PS3 gets a balance back in the States, just wandering through these forums I can see how many people from the US spit on the PS3 and ridicule it. They still feel it ain't got games lol.

I won't happen untill at least MGS4 comes about. Even without the US support of the game it will do great elsewhere. I can imagine the hardcore US gamers majority (consisting of 360 & Wii gamers) just not buying MGS4 in protest of the PS3, to keep pushing the multi-platform position cause they so badly want it.

MGS actaully has better sales in the U.S. than elsewhere. One reason why both MGS2 and 3 were released first in North America than Japan.

So I think the PS3 and MGS4 will need that userbase in the U.S.

Hey, this thread is actually doing pretty good!

stephen700 said:
PS3 is now outselling 360 in europe (germany will be PS3 dominant shortly, France allready ) and japan ( allreay ps3 )  and starting to get recognition in the US. In US it was earlier being sold at under half the rate of the 360 it's now worked up to around 2/3 of the 360 sell rate , expect this to reach over 1:1 in 2008 (it's better value for money i am supprised anyone would touch 360) and who knows about 2009. Expect cheaper PS3 sales will begin to cut into Wii's dominance in mid 2008 , the differences in total sales figures for 2007 is no predictor at all for 2008.
Not many Wii owners would ever go back to a console without motion so PS3 is their HD upgrade path till nintendo bring out a new next-gen console, or MS add a motion controller for the Xbox.
And Yes as expected the PS3 has reached over 50% of 360 sales now so looking good.

Note the Folding distribuited supercomputer had cracked 1000 Tflops with 41000 active PS3's alone.

Europe will soon be PS3 dominate and Japan is already, you say? But I could've sworn there was a console called the Wii already in a large lead in both those regions. Hmm, I must be living in crazy land.

Beyond that saying Wii owners will never play a console without motion controls is pretty narrow minded, especially when you suggest that that will cause them to buy a PS3 over a 360. Last I checked the PS3 motion controls were no where near the level of the Wii, both in terms of hardware and use in games. 

Note the Folding at home stats mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
stephen700 said:
PS3 is now outselling 360 in europe (germany will be PS3 dominant shortly, France allready ) and japan ( allreay ps3 )  and starting to get recognition in the US. In US it was earlier being sold at under half the rate of the 360 it's now worked up to around 2/3 of the 360 sell rate , expect this to reach over 1:1 in 2008 (it's better value for money i am supprised anyone would touch 360) and who knows about 2009. Expect cheaper PS3 sales will begin to cut into Wii's dominance in mid 2008 , the differences in total sales figures for 2007 is no predictor at all for 2008.

Europe will soon be PS3 dominate and Japan is already, you say? But I could've sworn there was a console called the Wii already in a large lead in both those regions. Hmm, I must be living in crazy land.

Beyond that saying Wii owners will never play a console without motion controls is pretty narrow minded, especially when you suggest that that will cause them to buy a PS3 over a 360. Last I checked the PS3 motion controls were no where near the level of the Wii, both in terms of hardware and use in games. 

Note the Folding at home stats mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

He's talking in regards of the HD consoles, which excludes the Wii... you probably got it, but didn't like the way he presented it.

Just underlining that part clearly.

Famine said:
rukusa said:

MGS actaully has better sales in the U.S. than elsewhere. One reason why both MGS2 and 3 were released first in North America than Japan.

So I think the PS3 and MGS4 will need that userbase in the U.S.

Actually, no. Take a look at the sales figures here in the game database section. I see it being a trend that MGS gets sold more in Europe than the states.

I dont think they will "need" the US base, but Im sure it will do fine there. Just not as fine as the other games in the series.