By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OMG!!! evidence of Killer Instinct 3 from Rare!!!

Zucas said:
Oh no another good series for the "new" rare to ruin. When will it ever stop.

I'm not trying to troll, it's just really how I feel.

Not all all trolling, Zucas, truth telling. 

Rare should sell the rights to KI to a dev that can trully revive the series and make an awesome KI3

Around the Network

On second thought, Rare should sell the rights to whatever franchises they have not ruined yet, and then gracefully bow out of the industry.

It would be so much better than the slow agonizing death, and games like "Grabbed by the Goulies"

fagarcia75 said:
On second thought, Rare should sell the rights to whatever franchises they have not ruined yet, and then gracefully bow out of the industry.

It would be so much better than the slow agonizing death, and games like "Grabbed by the Goulies"

I agree 100%

Killer Instinct used to be one of the best fighters around, but it isn't exactly crying out for a revival, especially not from Rare-Lite.

killer instinct was a great game it would be good if they made another one

Around the Network

Rare ain't Rare no more.. All the good and talented developers left, even Chris and Tim Stamper, 2 of the co-founders who were with their company for over 20 years. That says something. Rare is just another mediocre (or worse) company now..

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million

As much as I would like to see this come to the Wii, something tells me its better left to the 360 for better or worse. With Rare's inconsistance performance these days and a market saturated with high performing fighters this would be a risk the Wii really can't afford to take in proving itself. Besides, why the hell would rare make a game for Nintendo that isn't Nintendo owned?

Rare and Square Enix are two developers that I used to be able to buy a title sight unseen and know that it would be of the utmost quality. What happened? I mean I want a KI3 but I don't think Rare has the ability to pull the game off properly.

I don't think Rare has done all that bad... Perfect Dark and Kameo were launch titles. Amiditly rushed so they could make launch.

Viva Pinata was great, unfortunately, not great sales. But the same can be said about many games like Warhawk (PS3), Zack & Wiki (Wii) etc. too... All decent games above 80% on gamerankings.com but sales weren't stunning for any of them. Look at WW sales trends for them:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Zack+%26+Wiki%3A+Quest+for+Barbaros+Treasure+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Warhawk+-+PS3&reg3=All&game3=Viva+Pinata+-+X360&weeks=100

Very similar...

I think Rare will do fine. People just have to judge the games based on their release not, based on two projects that were rushed launch titles. Oh, and by the way the titles weren't that bad... Assasin's Creed is only beating Perfect Dark and Kameo by 1% on gamerankings.com...

Rare will do just fine.

Kameo was a decent game, and rather beautiful. How many here, that bash Kameo and VP played both for more than 1 hour? I beat Kameo, and had a blast with it. Got pretty far on VP, and loved every minute of it.

Maybe your just trying to compare 3 ultra-awesome games (BK, Goldeneye, KI) with properties that are very good, but not at "those" levels, but either way, both games were excellent. PDZ.....Not so much.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.