By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 : 6.37 MILLION SOLD in 6 Weeks.

huaxiong90 said:
Xen said:
Nereid said:
kingofwale said:

asia sales contributes more due to piracy crackdown (comparing to PS2 era) and growth economy of that region.

still, sold 6.3 million as of beginning of Dec 2010, this means GT5 is disgustingly undertracked here. (even if people do claim it's just 'shipped' number,)

Definitely. I live in Singapore and GT5 was a huge hit here as compared to the previous instalments. The PS3 taught the public here to buy originals and it certainly paid off

The only thing the PS3 taught the Middle East is to buy the 360 and hack it :P

Fixed.

talk about yourself coz in my country(saudi arabia) the 360 is nothing compared to the PS3.......ppl buy 10 ps3's for 1 360!....& for gran turismo 5 it was HUGE that ppl got in long lines in the playstation official store just to get their hands on GT5

Around the Network
manuel said:

That's a lot.

Even I might get a copy if I find it for cheap. (Although I'm not a big driving simulation fan...)

me too! i'll probably nuy the platinum version.

Neither Microsoft has more GT5's copies to sell on stores.

They're lying . it won't pass 5M life time , we all know that this genre is dying , it's not as populair as it used to be, deal with it.

The game is proving me to be much better than what I thought about it at first glance. Gigantic and awesome game for sure.

I didn't know the number shown by the OP.

Nothing has surpass the sales of the original GT then? Back in the day, that game had no real opponents. TOCA and V-Rally were pretty good though, and if I don't remember wrongly they came out later.

Around the Network

holy shit this game needs a big update

maybe 3 million week 1!

pariz said:

The game is proving me to be much better than what I thought about it at first glance. Gigantic and awesome game for sure.

I didn't know the number shown by the OP.

Nothing has surpass the sales of the original GT3 then? Back in the day, that game had no real opponents. TOCA and V-Rally were pretty good though, and if I don't remember wrongly they came out later.

Fixed.

VXIII on 2011-02-21 10:06

They're lying . it won't pass 5M life time , we all know that this genre is dying , it's not as populair as it used to be, deal with it.

look at that jealous fanboy

dsage01 said:

VXIII on 2011-02-21 10:06

look at that jealous fanboy

sarcasm. 

but it's because of the holidays, it will die once January start. Remember that one. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)