By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Not Only Amazon UK Dropped PS3s Price.. Tesco Sells For Under 190 Pound!!

http://direct.tesco.com/promo/?id=S00024439

For any doubters :)

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

According to buglebum Tesco reduced all gaming related softwareconsolesaccessories by 20% as a promo that runs until the 27th. Amazon have simply matched this since yesterday for the Xbox 360 and since a few days for the PS3.

You can ge the Xbox 360 Kinect for £239 on the Tesco website and instore  http://www.hotukdeals.com/

Both may be doing small cuts?

Deal ends on the 27th. GDC is on the 28th, so any announcements will probably go into effect that day.

Would be nice don't you think?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Nsanity said:

According to buglebum Tesco reduced all gaming related softwareconsolesaccessories by 20% as a promo that runs until the 27th. Amazon have simply matched this since yesterday for the Xbox 360 and since a few days for the PS3.

You can ge the Xbox 360 Kinect for £239 on the Tesco website and instore  http://www.hotukdeals.com/

Deal ends on the 27th. GDC is on the 28th, so any announcements will probably go into effect that day.

It would be lovely!

The only thing is that because this is effectively 20% off all gaming items, it means that it's almost certainly not an indication that a specific console is receiving a permanent price cut, even the Wii is reduced by 20%.

buglebum said:
Euphoria14 said:
Nsanity said:

It would be lovely!

The only thing is that because this is effectively 20% off all gaming items, it means that it's almost certainly not an indication that a specific console is receiving a permanent price cut, even the Wii is reduced by 20%.

Well we will see in 8 days.

I have been wondering this ever since I saw the KZ3 bundle for only $299.99.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

"Not Only Amazon UK Dropped PS3s Price.. Tesco Sells For Under 190 Pound!!"

Too bad for fatties.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

"Not Only Amazon UK Dropped PS3s Price.. Tesco Sells For Under 190 Pound!!"

Too bad for fatties.

good one

I don't think Sony is going to cut the price soon, they are probably doing that to hit their shipment projections (15 million I think). Or they could also be preparing a new model with improved security, so they are cleaning their stocks now, but this wouldn't explain why Tesco and Amazon are extending the deal for Xbox 360. 

Probably just getting rid of it. Really no reason for PS3 to have more than one SKU. Just keep the 320GB at a reasonable price and your fine.

THe HDD 160 or 320 really can't be that much of a cost difference to justify two SKUs.

Nsanity said:

Tesco started a reduction in prices and competition nigh on the market over. They ahve 20% off consoles which in turn caused places like Amazon and John Lewis (yes they have it too for that much because of their price matching service) to reduce costs. 

It also occured with games,  Tesco were doing a public code for 20% off games as well, meaning you could get Dead Space 2 for only £25, this then caused other mainly online stores to reduced their price to match.

I got ME2 for £24 from Tesco Entertainment. 2 Days later when 4 days before I could hardly find it for less then £35, it was £22 at other places.

@superchunk

Not getting rid of it, it's a promotion, they have 20% off (aka our new VAT) of many of their products. Tesco can afford it and are happy to do it to get the sales and people in their stores.

Hmm, pie.

Euphoria14 said:

Here in the US they have been giving gift cards with them all last month and Bestbuy.com is even doing it now.

Walmart.com lists "As supplies last" for the 160GB model and a (1) customer limit.

I couldn't find one in Target yesterday, Walmart, Bestbuy and today my local Gamestop had none. Killzone 3 bundle is a 160GB, but it comes with a console and a copy of Killzone 3 and it is the regular 160GB price, which is $299.99.

Usually new game bundles cost a bit extra right? 

While others have pointed out its a recent promotion, it still doesn't address the $299 Killzone 3 bundle.  Maybe they are cutting the price.  Could this be how they plan on getting the ~3 mil they need to meet their projection for this quarter?