By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Not Only Amazon UK Dropped PS3s Price.. Tesco Sells For Under 190 Pound!!

The world’s largest online retailer Amazon has listed the 160GB slim model of the PlayStation 3 for an unbelievable price.

Amazon UK are currently listing the slimline 160GB PlayStation 3 for a massive price drop of £196. There’s plenty of stock still left and the delivery is free to deliver anywhere within the United Kingdom.

Click here to view the deal  for the Sony’s black behemoth machine – which the price has been dramatically reduced from its original £255.30 RRP.

There aren’t currently any deals on the PS3 in the US, but you can pick up the Killzone 3 160GB Bundle for the same price as the normal 160GB PS3, netting you over $59 in savings. Or if you already own a PS3, there’s a $20 credit available when you pre-order Killzone 3 or Bulletstorm. Both games are due out in the US this Tuesday, so act now.

After the recent price drop of the slim PlayStation 3 SKU at various online retailers, one of the United Kingdom’s largest retailers are selling the console for an even cheaper price than Amazon’s highly discounted listing.

Tesco are currently selling the 160GB slim PlayStation 3 for a jaw-dropping price of £189.99. This is in-store so you’ll have to visit your local Tesco retailer which sells electronics. The total price of £189.99 is indeed after tax so it’s definitely a bargain worth considering.

http://stingygamer.com/deals/2011/02/retailer-selling-slim-ps3-for-jaw-dropping-price/

Yeah Buddy!!

Play Me

Around the Network

Is the 160 GB sku being discontinued or something?

I wonder why their selling the 160gb for such a discounted price since I highly doubt that their discontinueing  that sku.

Price Cut coming at GDC confirmed?!?!?!!?

excuse me if this is a stupic question but just wondering when is GDC anyways ?

Around the Network

Here in the US they have been giving gift cards with them all last month and Bestbuy.com is even doing it now.

Walmart.com lists "As supplies last" for the 160GB model and a (1) customer limit.

I couldn't find one in Target yesterday, Walmart, Bestbuy and today my local Gamestop had none. Killzone 3 bundle is a 160GB, but it comes with a console and a copy of Killzone 3 and it is the regular 160GB price, which is $299.99.

Usually new game bundles cost a bit extra right? 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wagram said:

Price Cut coming at GDC confirmed?!?!?!!?

Seems like it.

I think console bundles will be $299 for PS3 and a Game. Look at KZ3 bundle, it adds no extra price to that 160GB. It is still $299.

Maybe then we will have 160GB Move Bundle for $299 and 160GB stand alone console for $250? Stand alone 320GB for $300?

GDC is in 8 days.

Might help too since PS3 has a lot of games coming.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Here in the US they have been giving gift cards with them all last month and Bestbuy.com is even doing it now.

Walmart.com lists "As supplies last" for the 160GB model and a (1) customer limit.

I couldn't find one in Target yesterday, Walmart, Bestbuy and today my local Gamestop had none. Killzone 3 bundle is a 160GB, but it comes with a console and a copy of Killzone 3 and it is the regular 160GB price, which is $299.99.

Usually new game bundles cost a bit extra right? 

I think it's usually like 50 bucks more than the cost of the console.

According to buglebum Tesco reduced all gaming related softwareconsolesaccessories by 20% as a promo that runs until the 27th. Amazon have simply matched this since yesterday for the Xbox 360 and since a few days for the PS3.

You can ge the Xbox 360 Kinect for £239 on the Tesco website and instore  http://www.hotukdeals.com/

Please see the other thread about amazon reducing the Xbox 360 price.

It's just a promotion, Tesco started by reducing anything related to gaming by 20% about a week ago.

A few days later Amazon, as they always do in the UK lowered their price to match them. It looks like Tesco have responded again by lowering the PS3 price again by a few £.

This promotion will 100% end on the 27th Feb.

It is NOT permanent.

Just an FYI :)

Sorry Nsanity didn't see you had already posted