By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wal-Mart Wii Sales 12/18 and 12/19

I've previously mentioned I was looking for a Wii for a nurse who spends 7am to 7pm with one of my family members who has cancer. She has been looking for 3 months solid. Last week I volunteered to try and help get one for her to give her son.  I told her all the big stores that were getting them last weekend :Target, TRU, Kmart, Sears, Best Buy, & Circuit City. She had no luck.

I then confirmed from a source at Walmart that they got none, but they were getting at least TWO shipments this week AFTER Monday, and BEFORE Friday. I told a few friends I was on the hunt, and wound up being the designated Wii buyer for the nurse and 3 of my friends for the holidays :(

So, I started going to Walmart every day this week. Monday & Tuesday my 'contact' told me they were coming Wed/Thurs. Today (Wednesday) I went to Wally World and found out the first of the two shipments came in early (Tuesday) and they immediately sold out of Wii's and DS's. (at 4 location near me the Wii quantities were 12, 16, 17, & 25. As I was there, the second shipment came, (18 Wii units), LOTS of accessories and games (Blasters Galore) and a good amount of DS's. I got a Wii for the nurse and notified all of my friends in need.

Then I went to the next 3 closest stores (got there before the shipments in every case). The Wii quantities were in the 18 to 30 range per store. All were gone before I left. Lot of accessories, games, DS & mega Wii-Blasters So at 4 locations I got 4 Wii's (3 for my close friends, and 1 for the nurse!) Brought the nurse hers and her hands started shaking and she actually cried! Can't wait to see the reaction from my 3 friends.   

So It looks like the average was 40 to 50 Wii's over 2 days (only one BIG store in the mix, the other 3 are smaller locations) No idea if they are getting one more shipment or not. Not as sure on DS's, but the quantities were definitely higher than the Wii's. Blasters looked to be in the 30 - 50 range for today alone, whatever they got yesterday had already sold before I got there.  

Should be strong N.A. numbers this week after last weeks bulk went to others and Japan instead of N.A.

Ninty REALLY needs another factory. They lost a TON of money and potential console owners this holiday season by being so conservative (though I respect that quality in them a lot).

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Here in miami its Wii week in that radio station Y100.

Pretty cool songs they give. You just have to know what the guy is seeing in the toilet, and if you guess it right you win a wii.

mM

Did a good thing Robert. My bro did something like that for someone as well. Always nice to see the joy on the people's face.

You shoulda got one extra wii and sell it on Ebay for a couple million. ;^)

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Great story!

But 1.8m units a month is not conservative, thats more than any other console has ever produced monthly. But I do agree they need more factories anyway =)

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Zucas said:
Did a good thing Robert. My bro did something like that for someone as well. Always nice to see the joy on the people's face.

My bank account would like me to be a reseller, but my personality wouldn't go for it! Now if any of my friends renig on getting one, I might just sell the Wii I got for them for a 10% above cost finders fee and make someones Christmas, anda quick $25 for the effort :)

BAM! There it is!

A side note, every Walmart had a full display case of PS3, both 40 & 80 gig, as well as backstock (i asked). The 360's in stock varied per store, with anywhere from 2 to 6 on display.

BAM! There it is!

Everything is selling right now, even the PS3. :|

They did say PS3 was selling, but were moving more 360's currently. The increase in PS3 sales was significant though. They said a lot of people were upset that the 40 gig did not have _______(fill in the blank). And that the 80 gig that did was still too pricey. The 360 Arcade did not seem to be selling as well as the other models, which suprised me at Christmastime.

Also noticed a few people looking at PSP's as well....

BAM! There it is!

Wal Mart isn't the only store getting odd shipments...in addition to the 74 my Target sold at opening on Sunday, yesterday and today two smaller shipments (10-15) came in today via UPS totally unannounced.

Both gone in 30 minutes, as well.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)