By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo does Hologram at 3DS prelaunch event

Thats the Wii Successor!!!!!

Around the Network

well what I see out of this is a cool pyramid tv which lets you play 4 multiplayer on 1 system with everyone getting their own screen as a hologram.

Now change it to a rectangle to get widescreen and that woul be interesting LOL.

FINALLY !!!!!

And it only took 33 years....

This looks awsome, but I have the feeling that this would be a multi-thousand dollar display at this point in time ...

With that said, 20 years from now everyone may want big-round rooms to watch their massive holographic televisions on

Holograms are very cool

Around the Network

wow that was cool

HappySqurriel said:

This looks awsome, but I have the feeling that this would be a multi-thousand dollar display at this point in time ...

With that said, 20 years from now everyone may want big-round rooms to watch their massive holographic televisions on

the tech theyre using is angle dependant, it wouldnt work in a circle type display, pretty cool nonetheless.  shows us that nintendo is researching lots of different things, or atleast looking into cool stuff.

freebs2 said:

Let's build up some random hype! (He's using Wiimotes^^)

this is even better though, i wonder how accurate it can be made to be

For the record, Nintendo didn't create the Hologram.
They licensed it from a 3rd party, probably from a company like of viZoo or AVS, I've seen those types of holographic projectors around before from other companies.
Still cool regardless.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

^^They have researched holographic technologies with InPhase too though, but for data storage.

foxtail said:

^^They have researched holographic technologies with InPhase too though, but for data storage.

Yea I seen this video a while ago. Hopefully they use it for the next generation.  It holds so much data that it would make since.