By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think of the new Kotaku?

What do you think of the new Kotaku?

Love it 2 2.08%

Hate it 68 70.83%

Don't care 6 6.25%

Don't read Kotaku 20 20.83%

Total:96

So what does everyone else think of the new Kotaku and other Gawker sites?

I gave it about a week and I just don't like it.  I can handle it on my PC but I don't really like it, I only go there out of habit.  My real problem is trying to view it on my laptop where I do most of my browsing and that I do not use a mouse on.

Oh yes, some moron decided to make a website that's impossible to use without a scroll wheel.  Way to go!  What idiot thought that one would be a good idea?

Around the Network

I like it. The disconnect between Kotaku's decent layout and craptacular content has always caused me some amount of distress. Now that both are equally shitty, it feels as though some sort of balance has been restored to the universe.

That set-up is really weird.  I hate the dual scroll setup and everything is all bundled together and awkward.  What designers thought this was good?  They accomplished the whole app feel but it's a crappy accomplishment.  My desktop isn't mobile and has a nice big screen for a reason. 

It looks like a blog.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

The fact someone actually had to tell me that the sidebar needed a scroll wheel seems to imply some sort of non-intuitive design.

Around the Network

I LOVE IT! Really nice and smooth layout.

I really like it, its smooth like IGN lol

Its terrible, scrolling with the arrow keys bring a lot of problems.

It is bad, This site has an great UI but i was on kotaku before and its bad. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

It sux really badly.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB