By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the best game I've played

like my qr code in my sig says... Best Game Ever!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Welcome to the club.

I too would like to say this

Yeah dude, MGS4 is by far one of the best experiences i've had this gen! i mean, snake's epic moustache says it all! that 'stache was SO next gen it was awesome! it would've been even more awesome if his moustache changed color with his nano-suit! ULTRA TACTICAL ESPIONAGE!!!!

Games that blew my mind this gen were: MGS4, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, Batman:AA, GoW3. although uncompleted as of yet, ME2 is proving to be a great experience as well, and inFamous was excellent too!

I'm gonn have to get this game to see what all the fuss is about...one day.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I bought it second hand because there was a lot of fuss about... and I really don't understand why.

After half an hour of install, ten minutes of unskippable video... then after 5 sec of moving my character, while trying the moves : another cutscene !!! great. 

Finally, I have a one minute free roam in a deserted road, then CUTSCENE again !!! When on the top of a building with mecha pwning me, I got bored. So I ejected the disc out of the ps3, and played TF2.

Maybe I'll give it a try later, but so far I don't like it.

Around the Network
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

I bought it second hand because there was a lot of fuss about... and I really don't understand why.

After half an hour of install, ten minutes of unskippable video... then after 5 sec of moving my character, while trying the moves : another cutscene !!! great. 

Finally, I have a one minute free roam in a deserted road, then CUTSCENE again !!! When on the top of a building with mecha pwning me, I got bored. So I ejected the disc out of the ps3, and played TF2.

Once you get to act 3, the cinematics will become epic. Seriously you should get through it, it only got shit loads of 2008 GOTY awards for a reason. You haven't even started the game lmfao. See it as a challenge. I challenge you to beat MGS4 in a week!

I also think that it was the best game I've ever played. Only letdown was the difficulty. Even the hardest option was too easy.

MGS 4 is the best game in this generation (playstation 3,360, wii)!

guns of the patriots is amazing and has the best story, inszenierung and the gameplay is awesome.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

only problem for me was installing every chapter.

If they'd release a full install, I'd play it another 10 times.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

Did you try pressing the "start" button?  Or was the video unskippable because it was so awesome and you didn't want to miss anything?

And yeah, MGS4 is one of those games that isn't for everybody.  The Madden/Call of Duty crowd probably won't like it--probably even thinking it was stupid.  Heck, even people who've enjoyed the first games in the series found plenty to hate about MGS4.  But if you're that special kind of gamer that followed the series for decades and got your hands on this game, there's plenty to love.  My heart will always belong to MGS3 and MGS4 was a little bit of a let down but it's a good game.  Just not for everybody and your opinion on things probably won't change.  At least you gave it a try.  Can't ask for more than that.