By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your first game this gen

Damn now that I think about it, wii sports was actually the first game I bought in christmas of 06.  I worked at fred meyer and got lucky enough to see a shipment of wii's before the customers could so I hid one and bought it on my break, then bought zelda: tp.  I bought my 360 then too with gears, and then bought a ps3 in march of 07.  Its all coming back to me now, ahh new console smell.  LOVE IT!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:

What a perfect way to enter the new gen, I wish I couldve held off this long... oh well.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Gears of War. Working my way through the entire game on all difficulties with my oldest son, who was 5 at the time, is one of my favorite recent memories.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

qmoney88 said:
V-r0cK said:

What a perfect way to enter the new gen, I wish I couldve held off this long... oh well.

If i wasnt broke then i would've entered alot sooner, but luckily I waited because my girlfriend was the one that bought me my PS3 MGS4 Bundle.  But indeed it is truly an epic way to start the new gen =)

I got my Ps3 together with Resistance 2 and Motorstorm: pacific rigt.

Though I played Resistance 2 the first. I love them both a lot (till Killzone 2 came out a few months later and resistance looked like crap then :p)

May the adjustments be with you

I feel a disturbance in the sales

Around the Network

DS (December 25, 2004):

Super Mario 64 DS
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt
WarioWare: Touched!

Wii (November 19, 2006):

Wii Sports
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

And when it comes to the start of the new generation...

3DS (March 27, 2011):

Pilotwings Resort
Super Street Fighter 4

pitzy272 said:
MessiaH said:

What a way to start the new gen...

By this do you mean RRoD? I died when I saw this. That would suck so bad.

Hahaha! No man, you are reading too much into my post! As funny as that would have been, no, I was simply saying that I started the new gen by purchasing a ps3 and playing the fantastic game that is MGS4!

MessiaH said:
pitzy272 said:
MessiaH said:

Hahaha! No man, you are reading too much into my post! As funny as that would have been, no, I was simply saying that I started the new gen by purchasing a ps3 and playing the fantastic game that is MGS4!

On your computer you probably see the image of MGS4 but for the rest of us it's just a big red circle with line across (surely some kind of hot linking protection from the site you got the image from). That's why people concluded that you had RRoD

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
MessiaH said:
pitzy272 said:
MessiaH said:

On your computer you probably see the image of MGS4 but for the rest of us it's just a big red circle with line across (surely some kind of hot linking protection from the site you got the image from). That's why people concluded that you had RRoD

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for the explanation man! hahahahahaha the whole RROD thing is making sense now! 

Wii 2007 Holidays:

DSL mid-2007: