By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Activision-Blizzard loses $233 in Oct-Dec

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84009/activision-blizzard-loses-233-in-oct-dec-profits-418m-in-2010/

I am sorry, but how the f**k can you manage that. Wasn't Black Ops, one of the biggest launches in the video game history !? Even bigger than MW2?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

WTF? Is there something I'm missing about these numbers?

How do you have a new WoW expansion and COD yet, lose money? It doesnt make any sense.

They put a lot of money into suing EA and marketing Blops....

But outside of blops and wow everything else they did pretty much failed. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

They lost $233.00?

Around the Network

I dont know how a company would not profit from this. Black ops sold about 16 million now on 3 platforms and WOW still has 12 million subscribers that pay $15 a month. Companies profit just by selling 1/2 a million copies of a game. I think activision and blizzard should get a divorce!

badgenome said:

They lost $233.00?

That was my first thought. That's chump change.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

The downfall begins, they have only 1 quality game left( Diablo 3) and they couldn't profit when they had Call of Duty and World of Warcraft : Cataclysm. You really can't surive on a single game, Activision.

Calm down.

Before commenting on revenue numbers you need to understand them..........

The reason of the loss is defered revenue and stock options based compensations.

They defered over 1 billion$ of revenue to later quarters...

Non GAAP results : 2.55 billions revenue, 655 million$ profit

Basically they incured the marketing costs for Cataclysm and Black Ops this quarter but defered most of the revenue for the following quarters.

This is the same reason every year why they loose money on the biggest quarter of the year but make a load of cash in Q1 and Q2 where they don't release any software.......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

rrrnearrr said:

The downfall begins, they have only 1 quality game left( Diablo 3) and they couldn't profit when they had Call of Duty and World of Warcraft : Cataclysm. You really can't surive on a single game, Activision.

blizzard still has the starcraft expansion coming along with a new ip (Titan)